Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fees For Diaper/Wipes
Ac114 05:00 PM 08-22-2018
For those of you that supply diapers and wipes, what do you charge your families? Do you add the fee monthly or weekly? I’m considering going this route but not sure what to charge for these supplies per child.
jenboo 05:26 PM 08-22-2018
I added it into my regular tuition.
LysesKids 08:51 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
For those of you that supply diapers and wipes, what do you charge your families? Do you add the fee monthly or weekly? I’m considering going this route but not sure what to charge for these supplies per child.
I use to supply diapers & wipes & charge higher rate; too many families complained so I dropped rates & started charging $1 diaper if they forgot to send them lol. It shuts up money hungry families real quick when they see the bill at days end (until all fees are paid, I refuse to provide care the next day)
Cat Herder 05:23 AM 08-23-2018
I also added it to my regular tuition.
gumdrops 10:13 AM 08-23-2018
For those who do this, do you have anyone complain about the brand you use or have to buy certain brands for sensitive bums?
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
For those who do this, do you have anyone complain about the brand you use or have to buy certain brands for sensitive bums?
No.

I tell them I provide diapers and formula for convenience, but if they prefer a different brand they are welcome to send it for their child.

It is an extra perk of my program, not an "expected" that can be deducted from regular tuition. Diapers and formula are write-offs for me, a tuition deduction is not. I don't lose money providing.
LostMyMarbles 05:26 AM 08-24-2018
I have my parents supply their own. I only have 1 in diapers now. At one point, I had 4 in diapers. Everyone uses something different. I like my sanity. I made it easy for me.
Cat Herder 07:31 AM 08-24-2018
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
I have my parents supply their own. I only have 1 in diapers now. At one point, I had 4 in diapers. Everyone uses something different. I like my sanity. I made it easy for me.
That is one of the reasons I provide. Having to manage 6 adult women (none of my current Dads do the diaper shopping, many have in the past, though.) .

1. Constant reminders to bring them in.
2. Constant reminders to buy the right size.*
3. Keeping up with who owes.
4. Keeping up with who's are who's.

* That was the biggest one. The smaller they are the more you get in the box for the price. I got tired of having to bleach the playroom due to too small diapers leaking out everywhere. Not to mention the unnecessary rashes due to them.

Once I started providing all that went away. Magically no one is allergic to the brand I chose, no one has rashes and the playroom furniture and floors are clean.
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 08-24-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
That is one of the reasons I provide. Having to manage 6 adult women (none of my current Dads do the diaper shopping, many have in the past, though.) .

1. Constant reminders to bring them in.
2. Constant reminders to buy the right size.*
3. Keeping up with who owes.
4. Keeping up with who's are who's.

* That was the biggest one. The smaller they are the more you get in the box for the price. I got tired of having to bleach the playroom due to too small diapers leaking out everywhere. Not to mention the unnecessary rashes due to them.

Once I started providing all that went away. Magically no one is allergic to the brand I chose.
A little off topic but on topic....

I was thinking the same thing (CH comments above) in my head as I was reading LostMyMarble's post.

It got me thinking about all the things I used to be a super strict stickler about to all the things I don't do now just to save me the stress/time/attention.

I've been considering adding the option of supplying everything as well.... Some of these parents are starting to drive me a bit cray cray with their ideas of "correct sizing" or "appropriate # diapers used per day"

I was thinking something similar on the thread posted the other day about pick up times and tracking the minutes a parent is late...

I guess this is where the advice I snagged from this forum (coincidentally from CH herself...) applies quite well...

I think the quote she made went like this:

"Never confuse profit with personal fulfillment.
Know which you need at which stage in your life"

SO TRUE.
Cat Herder 07:49 AM 08-24-2018
It is still true.

The diaper counters (and formula measurers)... Oh, I forgot about them. It has been a long time since I had one.

I guess it solved that problem, too.
Cat Herder 08:11 AM 08-24-2018
Quick share: 1200 wipes, Fragrance free , $20.98
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Parent-s-...Count/44162660

Won't last.
Tags:diaper fees, fees - diapers and wetwipes
Reply Up