Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newbie Started Today
AnneCordelia 10:53 AM 07-07-2011
My new DCG11mo just started today and absolutely no tears!! I can't think when this has happened last! I think the only other child I ever had not cry was the very first baby of a friend, who started as my first ever DCK.

Thinking back....how many of yours cried and how many didn't?

*I've just jinxed myself for the rest of the next week though, lol.*
JaydensMommy 11:14 AM 07-07-2011
I've only been doing this for a couple of months. My first was a 3 month old and she was the BEST baby, never really cried. Then I took on a 9 month old baby boy who cried straight for three days, I almost didn't take him the second week, but so glad I waited it out, he is now a great baby. I also have a 6 month old who is only part-time but is always either crying or screaming...
cheerfuldom 11:22 AM 07-07-2011
I think they have all cried but after a few weeks (depending on the age), only the non-cryers stay. Still crying day after day is not going to happen here. Hope you end up with a happy baby to add to your group!
littlemissmuffet 12:04 PM 07-07-2011
I find the ones who do cry and fuss in the beginning while transitioning end up being my most well-adjusted, happy and fun kids! The ones who don't cry and carry on, and seem to be oh-so content... sadly, almost all of those one ended up turning into little monsters on me after 18 months +.
kidkair 12:36 PM 07-07-2011
I just had a 13 month old start. He only cried at naps and diaper changes his first day and was a total cry baby the second day. Today is his third day and he's a little more adjusted and on meds for teething. The hardest part right now is getting him to sleep a full two hour afternoon nap. He slept 45 minutes each morning and only an hour each afternoon. Tomorrow I'm going to try and skip the morning nap and see how well that goes for the afternoon nap. I keep reminding myself it's adjustment period and to breathe whenever he's screaming and I can't figure it out. Also I'm teaching him sign language in hopes that he catches on and can communicate soon.

Most of my little ones cried when they started at least for a few days while they transitioned into the routine and such. Any that still screamed and cried past day 3 were sent home.
nannyde 12:41 PM 07-07-2011
I've had that happen a few times.

I feel like the heavens open up and shine down upon me as if I'm doing it right. Statistically you should have one now and then that is easy to transition in.
Tags:new clients, positive, transitioning
Reply Up