Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do I Sign Up?
Thriftylady 05:38 PM 06-14-2016
I just had to share this ad I saw on one of the local FB pages.

"I am looking for a cheap babysitter, preferably in X or Y town. I can't afford more than $150 a week for all four kids.

Where do I sign up? I would love to fill 4 of my 6 spots, with your low rate and feed your kids, provide activities, and whatever else you dream up I owe you for that.

What crazy ads have you seen lately?
lovemydaycare0912 05:47 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I just had to share this ad I saw on one of the local FB pages.

"I am looking for a cheap babysitter, preferably in X or Y town. I can't afford more than $150 a week for all four kids.

Where do I sign up? I would love to fill 4 of my 6 spots, with your low rate and feed your kids, provide activities, and whatever else you dream up I owe you for that.

What crazy ads have you seen lately?
Haha wow. Only on Craigslist. Oops nvm you said FB
Thriftylady 05:55 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Haha wow. Only on Craigslist. Oops nvm you said FB
Apparently it has gotten just as bad!
laundrymom 12:33 PM 06-15-2016
Here's one I saw today on FB

Hi all. I am 18 and currently looking for a job. I have an Early Childhood Education Development certification, meaning I can do babysitting and teaching your young child learn and meet their learning goals. No older than 5 years old.
I do not have any experience, which is most likely why I am not getting any calls back to the dozens of applications I have filled out. I do not have a license at the moment, but I do have reliable transportation. I am not just looking for a ECED job, but anything else I could get. I am willing to work retail and services. I am eager to learn.
If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.
Thriftylady 12:57 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Here's one I saw today on FB

Hi all. I am 18 and currently looking for a job. I have an Early Childhood Education Development certification, meaning I can do babysitting and teaching your young child learn and meet their learning goals. No older than 5 years old.
I do not have any experience, which is most likely why I am not getting any calls back to the dozens of applications I have filled out. I do not have a license at the moment, but I do have reliable transportation. I am not just looking for a ECED job, but anything else I could get. I am willing to work retail and services. I am eager to learn.
If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.
Hm I am guessing that certification is useless? I mean how can you be certified in something you have never done?
finsup 02:21 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Hm I am guessing that certification is useless? I mean how can you be certified in something you have never done?
Online degree? I was amazed when an aquantice told me she was getting her degree in Early Childhood online but it required no actual classroom experience

My favorite add of the week has been:
"I have six kids. I will not pay more then 125$/week for all of them. I feel that's more then reasonable"
Rockgirl 02:31 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Online degree? I was amazed when an aquantice told me she was getting her degree in Early Childhood online but it required no actual classroom experience

"I have six kids. I will not pay more then 125$/week for all of them. I feel that's more then reasonable"
For the win!!!
laundrymom 03:33 PM 06-15-2016

Give this one a chicken dinner cause FINSUP is the winner winner!!!!
Thriftylady 03:38 PM 06-15-2016

How scary that they give out degrees and certificates so easily. And for six kids? I thought for four was bad!
AmyKidsCo 08:30 PM 06-16-2016
I have 6 kids too, and even though some of them were too old for childcare, there were days I would've happily paid ANY amount for someone else to take them.
Mad_Pistachio 04:13 AM 06-17-2016
I am taking online ECE classes through college - they all require observation hours...
Reply Up