Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddler Transition Advice
E Daycare 05:40 AM 01-26-2011
Ok I have a 19 mo old that started a month ago. A little boy whos here Mon, Wed and Fri. EVERY single time he is here he spends all day crying. Its hours and hours of "bye bye....bye bye...bye bye...." ect. If he comes in with a snack and I take it from him and give it back to mom or if he finds it in his coat and I take it another downfall of hysterics goes down. Same with taking off his shoes. With our without mom here he will instantly start to cry. Now I know transition is tough and varies from kid to kid but what are some things you guys do for the kid who only stops crying for snacks and the occasional 30min nap?
He wakes up the other dcg during nap time, refuses anything I serve him for lunch unless its some sort of "snack" and doesnt participate in anything. He stands at the window miserable all day long.

Its been a month. What do you guys do for the constant crier?
Little People 06:51 AM 01-26-2011
Make him a snack bag around his neck and fill it full!!

Sorry, this is the second silly post I have done. I am in a silly mood today!

Poor little guy, my little one (21mts) did this and after 2 weeks, I would send her to the other room (my daycare rooms are all down one side of my home) and tell her should could cry in there. It took a week and many trips in the back room, and she came out of her crying!
lvt77 11:03 AM 01-26-2011
have you spoke to DCM about it? I would give it another 2 weeks and then think about dropping. Maybe this child is not a fit for your group?
Tags:transitioning
Reply Up