Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Calculating Daycare Space Vs Total House
XJ035 04:06 PM 12-02-2015
In the past I’ve calculated our daycare T/S based on total square feet in the house vs the daycare space. The number I’ve use for the total sq ft is from real estate and re-finance measurements (1,900 ft2). For the daycare space I’ve used inside measurements of each room. What I just realized, I believe the 1,900 ft2 is based on the outside perimeter of the house, (first and second stories). This includes a lot of dead space (under stairs, wall thickness etc.). Which would mean the proportion of house used for daycare is more than I've claimed. Should I re-measure the house based on inside usable space? Or am I missing something.
Thank you,
Blackcat31 04:31 PM 12-02-2015
Some good info on T/S %

http://tomcopelandblog.com/top-artic...ace-percentage
TomCopeland 06:11 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by XJ035:
In the past I’ve calculated our daycare T/S based on total square feet in the house vs the daycare space. The number I’ve use for the total sq ft is from real estate and re-finance measurements (1,900 ft2). For the daycare space I’ve used inside measurements of each room. What I just realized, I believe the 1,900 ft2 is based on the outside perimeter of the house, (first and second stories). This includes a lot of dead space (under stairs, wall thickness etc.). Which would mean the proportion of house used for daycare is more than I've claimed. Should I re-measure the house based on inside usable space? Or am I missing something.
Thank you,
Re-measure the house based on inside usable space. Then it will be an apples to apples comparison. Include any garage or basement (even if unfinished) in the total square footage of your home.
Tags:time space percentage, tom copeland
Reply Up