Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outside Storage
Kelly 06:41 PM 03-22-2016
What do you all use for storing your outside toys and stuff? I keep everything in plastic baskets or tubs but it always seems to be a mess. Any suggestions for keeping things organized?
Blackcat31 08:00 PM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by Kelly:
What do you all use for storing your outside toys and stuff? I keep everything in plastic baskets or tubs but it always seems to be a mess. Any suggestions for keeping things organized?
We use a big deckbox.

I just toss all the toys in there and close the lid.

I keep one for regular yard toys (balls, frisbees, small push trucks, jump ropes, cones, bug catchers etc) and one by the sandbox for pails, shovels, sifters, funnels, trucks etc.
NillaWafers 09:41 PM 03-22-2016
I have a big deckbox for bigger toys, and a little one for little toys. The really big toys (like scooters, cozy coupes, bikes) I just leave out >_>. If it's gonna rain (rarely) I cover them with a tarp.
childcaremom 02:12 AM 03-23-2016
I use deckboxes, as well.

I do have a tub under the mud kitchen, to store the tools for there. Sand toys stay in the sand box.

I have smaller buckets for small cars, outside critters (dinos, animals, etc), so that they can be left out for play time with easy clean up. These small buckets fit inside the deck boxes.

I have 2 large soft sided buckets, which I don't like so don't recommend, but these are left out for my all season toys. It is easy clean up and they are easy to move around.

I have tried lidded plastic containers in the past but they broke easily and didn't last very long.
spedmommy4 06:13 PM 03-23-2016
I used to have a deck box but it kept getting rain in it. That got old after this last rainy season so I replaced it with an outdoor storage cart from discount school supply. Best purchase ever!
Attached: image.jpg (8.9 KB) 
midlandboatrvstorage 12:44 AM 07-19-2016
other options you can use is finding a self-storage solution in your area.
Mike 03:25 PM 07-19-2016
I plan to use a shed for outdoor toy storage. I've never lived anywhere without at least 1 shed.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
etc

I've noticed a lot of ect lately. It's nice to see the proper short form.
AmyKidsCo 12:20 PM 07-20-2016
I have a shed for toys that are out of rotation. I also have my gardening things on the top shelf for easy access.

I also have 2 big plastic toy boxes for balls and misc stuff, and milk crates for branches and tree blocks.

But we never clean up outside - how they leave it is how it stays unless DH needs to mow.
KSDC 11:57 AM 07-21-2016
My DH built me a shed a couple of years ago. Everything except the riding toys goes in there. Sorted into bins and baskets. We do clean up time outside the same as inside.

I have found that putting the toys away when not in use is helping with how long my toys last. Sitting out in the sun and rain and snow just seems to make things fade and break all that much faster.
Tags:outside storage, storage, toy storage
Reply Up