Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trial Day?
CityGarden 09:32 AM 02-09-2018
I had a tour with a family I really like. It was one of the most natural tours.... even though the parents asked good questions about me and the program it just felt easy but I did not know if they would enroll becuase they could easily place their son in a larger preschool a little closer to their home.

Well dcm sent a email saying she loved meeting with me and asked if I would be open to a trial day..... I do not have a two week trial and no one has asked for a trial in the past. I see the value in it but have some questions.

Could they really get a feel for the program or their son's reaction to the program in a day?

Do I charge them my daily rate for the day? (I do have a daily rate for currently enrolling students who need to add an extra day).

Is it worth doing all the paperwork for a one day trial?

Should the trial be 1/2 day or full day and include nap time? (Parents in my program provide nap mats that they purchase.)

Any other insight or advice you can offer?

FYI - I have not added a 2 week trial because 1) I had not thought about it prior to threads on here after I already established a intake process I was happy with and 2) I have a pretty good intake process, detailed application, tour and family interview, I offer them a home visit by the teacher, etc. so from that I have been able to see if I could work with their child...

Random side note/question: Potential DCM said potential dcb takes a 3 hour nap and seemed like she was happy/fine with that and she says he is also a good sleeper at night. Right now my nap time is 2 hours I can handle his 3 hours nap IF he is an easy napper to lay down but would you or would you encourage him to just do the 2 hours?
Tags:tours, trial period
Up