Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Blonde Moment
BumbleBee 11:40 AM 05-15-2013
Took the paint outside, attached a sheet to the fence, stripped the kids down to their undies/diapers, put paint shirts on em and let them at it.

Hour and a half later they were done and I went to turn the hose on.

That's when I remembered the spigot was broken last week by one of my SA and I have no outside water.

Yup....blonde moment for sure.
hope 11:55 AM 05-15-2013
So what did you do? Did you have to take them all in to clean up?
melilley 12:05 PM 05-15-2013
Oh no!!! I'm sure the kids had blast though! I'll have to do that activity sometime, heck I want to do it! (not in my undies though, that would be really wierd)...
Kaddidle Care 12:10 PM 05-15-2013
D'OH! Hmm - how quick can you fill a bucket of water and bring it out there with an old towel or paper towels? (Let them play bubbles first! )
Oneluckymom 12:26 PM 05-15-2013
I could TOTALLY see myself doing that !! Heck I have blonde moments everyday

What a cute idea. Are you going to do something with what they made or going to reuse the sheet later? Was this tempura paint you used?
BumbleBee 01:04 PM 05-15-2013
The paint shirts are old t-shirts of mine. They go down to the kids' knees at least.

I herded them onto the deck then ran inside and dumped the toys out of a 30 qt container. Filled it with water, a bunch of wash cloths & cups and hauled it out.

They had a BLAST using the wash cloths to clean the toys outside.

I scrubbed the kids down after everything was sufficiently wet. Towel dried em on the deck before going in to change clothes.

I will say this - these kids look cleaner NOW than they did when they arrived!

As far as the sheet, we used tempura paint (washable) and I just throw the sheet in the wash wiith the paint shirts and we use it again next time.

Another thing is we have powdered tempura paint so I put a little bit of that in a spray bottle w/water and they can spray the sheet too.

I attached the sheet w/clothespins. To keep the paint "contained" I poured it in muffin tins. Easier to carry out too.
BumbleBee 01:12 PM 05-15-2013
Just a picture of the finished product.

15 months, 19.5 month old, almost 3 yo, 3.5 yo, & 4 yo.
Attached: IMG_20130515_132233.jpg (127.6 KB) 
Reply Up