Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Social Workers
Michelle 02:00 PM 10-25-2016
I have had two children's social workers call me this week about two of my families
They want to talk to the kids at my DC
What do I say or do if another family comes in during this?
All of our families are really close but nobody but me knows what is going on
kendallina 06:05 PM 10-25-2016
I would say nothing, none of their business.

Is there somewhere within the house where they'd be close to you but not in view of parents walking in?

Perhaps you can ask that the social workers come at a time when you know parents won't be there?
Ariana 06:13 PM 10-25-2016
Tell them they are licensing inspectors?
LysesKids 06:33 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I have had two children's social workers call me this week about two of my families
They want to talk to the kids at my DC
What do I say or do if another family comes in during this?
All of our families are really close but nobody but me knows what is going on
My families know I take Foster kids on occasion (drop ins usually)... that said, I ask the Social workers that do have to pop in, do so early morning or after nap dependent on when one of the kids might be there. I don't have to give up complete control of my home, but I do know it has to be done and as such my parents don't care as long as my routine isn't totally blown ( I am infant only to 18 months so it's rare).
racemom 07:37 PM 10-25-2016
Nothing unless they ask, and then reply it is confidential, and that you are unable to discuss it. Because I believe it probably is, and you are telling them the truth.
Michelle 07:37 PM 10-25-2016
ok, thank you guys
they did come, no parents were here and I am doing temporary foster care ( yes, licensed for that)
making tents, baking cookies, and playing with flash light right now to distract them and have fun
I appreciate all the advice
thank you
Reply Up