Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HiMama
dolores 09:42 AM 07-07-2020
Anyone using HiMama? How much does it cost you? Any issues?
Cat Herder 09:54 AM 07-07-2020
I use Daily Connect. It is awesome and only $1.25 per child, per month. No issues so far and I do not excel in tech. It is really user friendly.
dolores 10:29 AM 07-07-2020
Thank you CH. I will look into that.
Cat Herder 11:03 AM 07-07-2020
It lets me add photos, documents, activities, meals, diapers/bottles, assessments, notes, temperatures/health screens, behaviors, and on and on. I am still finding things four months in and I can edit everything to my program. It is also interactive all day, parents can comment and I can answer them. I also email them to all parents in the evenings and it sends me a copy for my own documentation.

I resisted for a long time out of fear of tech and not wanting to start something I'd be expected to continue if I hated it, but I have to admit I love it.
jenboo 11:03 AM 07-07-2020
I tried himama but liked procare connect better. I pay $25/ month for 10 kids.
dolores 11:21 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
and I can edit everything to my program
They all seem to have the same features but this is what I am most interested in-customizing it to suit program. Do you use it to sign kids in/out and to invoice?
Cat Herder 11:57 AM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
They all seem to have the same features but this is what I am most interested in-customizing it to suit program. Do you use it to sign kids in/out and to invoice?
It has all of that. Also allows sign-in surveys.

I am required to have physical sign in sheets with signatures on hand for two years so I don't use it for that. I also use KidKare ($8 a month) for all my tax documentation and billing.

I checked out their billing program for you:
"Unlimited Flexibility
Parents get a secure and easy-to-use online portal to pay fees by bank account or credit card on auto-pilot.

Low pricing and transaction fees

First 12 months are free, then $49/month or $99/month depending on your size.
Transaction fee: 0.25% (minimum $0.99 per transaction).
A 3.5% fee is added to the parents bill if they choose to pay your invoice via Credit card (paid by parents).
No setup cost or deposit.
Requirement: minimum 10 children"
Cat Herder 11:59 AM 07-07-2020
The sign in:
Sign-In Kiosk

Automatically sign out all children at
1:00AM
if they are not already out Timezone: America/New_York
Touchless sign-in (via QR Code)
This option allows parents to display a QR Code on their phone (by tapping on the sign-in/out button in the application), then scan the code on the sign-in device at the entrance of your center (or on a staff device), to sign-in and sign-out their child. Learn more

Pin Code sign-in for parents

This option allows parents to sign-in/out their child by entering a unique 4-digit pin code on the kiosk device at the entrance of your center or classroom, or on the teacher device. Each parent have their own unique personal pin code.
dolores 12:32 PM 07-07-2020
Thank you for this information!
Might I ask why you use KidKare instead of Daily Connect for billing?
Cat Herder 12:41 PM 07-07-2020
Thank you for this information!
Might I ask why you use KidKare instead of Daily Connect for billing?
They only charge $1 per payment and I have a choice of whether to pay it myself or have the parents pay it. It auto invoices and adds it all to my tax documentation, itself. No double paperwork. I don't even use any of the menu functions, just attendance (for time/space), meal counts for deductions, time space "other time" documentation, expenses, other income and billing.

I log my "other" hours weekly then simply hit print on January 1st. Super easy. $8 a month is amazing for that.

Those two programs cover every part of my business.
dolores 12:51 PM 07-07-2020
Got it ! Its great when you can automate administrative tasks at an affordable price .
Cat Herder 01:02 PM 07-07-2020
Got it ! Its great when you can automate administrative tasks at an affordable price .
Exactly. It also prints out W-10's for the clients with exactly how much they paid. I print two copies, have them sign both in blue ink, then keep one for my accountant.
dolores 01:50 PM 07-07-2020
Awesome- I need that! You are so organized!
Cat Herder 02:05 PM 07-07-2020
Both programs (KidKare and Daily Connect) have a 30 day free trial option. That is how I started.
Mariposa 07:28 AM 07-08-2020
I worked somewhere that used HiMama and we liked it better than the whatever program my next company did. But I don't recall details and never knew pricing.
I hear Procare stepped. It. Up. They used to be horribe 10 years ago.

I am using Wave for my invoices, which is free, but I don't utilize the payment option as I just have them pay Venmo, Zell, Cazh, check, money order. and keeping track of payments in Excel. I am just texting parents pics and updates. I don't serve infants or tots and don't have a ling enough preachool program for naps, so I don't need to relay that, and parents who want to know eating habits can ask and I'll message them.

But someone brought up W-10's-I am not sure Wave does that for me but I don't know how "official" it needs to be-I keep an Excel sheet plus when they pay I record it on Wave to show $0.
dolores 08:05 AM 07-08-2020
Both programs (KidKare and Daily Connect) have a 30 day free trial option. That is how I started.
This is very helpful! Thank you again
Pandaluver21 07:00 PM 07-09-2020
I just signed up for Daily connect (looking to switch from Brightwheel) but it only had a 7 day trial
Cat Herder 05:28 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I just signed up for Daily connect (looking to switch from Brightwheel) but it only had a 7 day trial
Sorry. Maybe they got a huge surge in sign-ups?

This is a pretty big forum.
Pandaluver21 08:08 PM 07-15-2020
Sorry. Maybe they got a huge surge in sign-ups?

This is a pretty big forum.
You're forgiven. My trial ends today or tomorrow, but I think I'm liking it. Few things I haven't figured out yet, one of which being- Is there a way to clock in myself or my assistant? Or are only kids able to be checked in?
Cat Herder 03:47 AM 07-16-2020
I guess you could make them an account as if they were children then print off attendance? It would allow temps and notes back and forth to be documented, too?

It would be $1.25 per employee per month, then, too.

I don't have employees so no experience with managing their pay, taxes or hours.
dolores 09:57 AM 11-11-2020
Revisiting this.

Takes me a while to make a decision when there are sooooo many choices: daily connect, brightwheel, procare, hi-mama etc.

I need to get off the potty now!

Immediately I want an AFFORDABLE app for:
1) health screenings (temp, covid symptoms questions) as I am required to do and maintain a record of this daily
2) kids check in/out
3) parent communication (daily reports, supplies needed, photos, etc)
4)tutorials and an accessible and responsive customer service.

Leaning towards Daily Connect as that has been highly recommended on this forum, and it seems to be more customizeable than other apps...?

Can providers sign children in/out or only parents on Daily Connect?

And in general is it better to have parents sign in child than provider? Why?
Cat Herder 11:06 AM 11-11-2020
Can providers sign children in/out or only parents on Daily Connect?

And in general is it better to have parents sign in child than provider? Why?
I sign them in and out because I charge $1 per minute early arrival or late pickup and want accurate times (in the driveway, on the porch). It allows you to enter what time you want, so I want full control of that.

I enter the time on the physical sign in sheet (state requirement), have them physically sign, then log it in to Daily Connect, myself. It takes more time but is also more accurate.
dolores 08:40 AM 11-12-2020
I sign them in and out because I charge $1 per minute early arrival or late pickup and want accurate times (in the driveway, on the porch). It allows you to enter what time you want, so I want full control of that.

I enter the time on the physical sign in sheet (state requirement), have them physically sign, then log it in to Daily Connect, myself. It takes more time but is also more accurate.

The control is everything! Good to know and thanks!
dolores 02:07 PM 03-01-2021
I use Daily Connect. It is awesome and only $1.25 per child, per month. No issues so far and I do not excel in tech. It is really user friendly.
Only took me 6+ months to decide...I subscribed to Daily Connect today !!! How'd you roll it out to parents?
Cat Herder 04:34 AM 03-02-2021
Only took me 6+ months to decide...I subscribed to Daily Connect today !!! How'd you roll it out to parents?
I told them I was going to try a new parent communication app for 30 days and we, together, would decide if we liked it. They all thought it was "cute" that I was nervous and told me their friends had access to programs like that for years at their daycares and loved it. They said they were glad to hear I was coming into this century. They said it with love, though, we do joke around with one another a lot, here.
dolores 07:59 AM 03-02-2021
I told them I was going to try a new parent communication app for 30 days and we, together, would decide if we liked it. They all thought it was "cute" that I was nervous and told me their friends had access to programs like that for years at their daycares and loved it. They said they were glad to hear I was coming into this century. They said it with love, though, we do joke around with one another a lot, here.
I'm anticipating the same response from my parents so don't know why I'm so nervous to launch it with them...
Cat Herder 08:53 AM 03-02-2021
I'm anticipating the same response from my parents so don't know why I'm so nervous to launch it with them...
Probably for the same reason I was. What if they love it and I hate it? Did I just create more work and stress for myself?

The answer here was no. Turns out they never realized just how much I actually did during the day and seem to actually appreciate it more. Sometimes. They are still like others during holidays and normal times of parental stress.
Tags:apps, daily connect, himama, kidkare - invoices, kidkare accounting reports
Reply Up