Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So We Had A "Friend Painting" Incident Today
SilverSabre25 12:58 PM 09-28-2011
Oi. I never thought the words, "We don't paint friends" would come out of my mouth but they did just now. And it figures, the culprit was my sweet 2 yo dcg who pushes the limits every time my attention is not on her. She's an interesting personality.

I was sitting on the floor with them while we painted with watercolors on a large piece of paper, and I turned aside for 15 seconds to "reset" the baby who had rolled off the carpet and was not thrilled about the cold floor. When I turned back, there was dcg, decorating the back of dcb's WHITE T-shirt. Of course, it had to be the day he's wearing a white shirt.

The paints were instantly put away (it was time to be done anyway). We had a discussion about where the correct place to paint is ("NO friends! YES paper!") and of course dcg is crying because she always cries when she senses she's done something wrong...and dcb is crying because he thinks that HE is in trouble.

The only thing that could have made the moment more...whatever...would have been a parent walking in just then.
sharlan 01:00 PM 09-28-2011
All you can do is smile, and laugh inside.
Kaddidle Care 01:14 PM 09-28-2011
Aww - well thank goodness it's just water colors. They will wash out.

Some days I feel like the counter gets loaded with all of the things that certain children get into. (Scissors, glue, paints, markers, etc.)

There are just some that you have to stay right on top of until they "get it".
Blackcat31 01:21 PM 09-28-2011
well, if we were all truthful we would admit that we all have friends we would like to paint now and then.
daycare 02:21 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
well, if we were all truthful we would admit that we all have friends we would like to paint now and then.
I have one I would paint a muzzle on.. Lol opps she's not my friend she's my hubby's friend. Lol
That's so funny don't paint your friends. Lol
Kaddidle Care 02:39 PM 09-28-2011
We had one that liked to paint with her pony tails! Gawww I miss that kid!
Tags:painting
Reply Up