Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Solution For Poopy Racoon Girl...
Heidi 11:22 AM 12-14-2011
You have all read the poopy girl story, the little girl who sneaks out of bed and does naughty things. She also sneaks things from around the house (and at home) and hides them.

Yesterday I sat here fighting with myself. I HATE to admit that she needs to be next to me at nap time, because the logistics in my house are just horrible for that. SHe would get less sleep, and I wouldnt get any nap time chores done, much less a break. Then, there's the whole school agers and days off of school thing.

So, I had a talk with her 4yo brother. "K, I have a problem. G has been making some bad decisions at nap time, and I need to keep her safe. I am really worried about this. I guess I will have to have her sleep in the livingroom. I don't know what else to do." K says "Oh, she can just have my room (the toddler room right off the livingroom), and I can hang out downstairs at nap time instead". YEAH!!!!

This is actually what I was thinking (her nap partner will have to move into my bdr with another child, but they are both in pnp's). If I would have told him that, though, he would have had a coniption fit! He HATES changes, and loves that room.

I praised him for his wonderful solution, and we picked out a bunch of toys he could take downstairs for his space.

Problem solved. All I have to do is buy some cheap curtains to darken that room. Yeah!
Zoe 11:24 AM 12-14-2011
Cool! Do you think being in a room by herself would help the situation? That's very awesome of her brother doing that. What a nice kid!
Heidi 11:28 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Cool! Do you think being in a room by herself would help the situation? That's very awesome of her brother doing that. What a nice kid!
no, but being in a room 10 feet away from my livingroom WILL help...l

As for being a nice kid, I wouldnt say that every day...but today he was awesome!
Zoe 11:30 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
As for being a nice kid, I wouldnt say that every day...but today he was awesome!
Honestly, it's hard to say that about ANY kid EVERY day! Even the angels!
MNMum 11:58 AM 12-14-2011
There have been studies that suggest, even the very best of kids, only cooperate 70% of the time...
Heidi 12:11 PM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by MNMum:
There have been studies that suggest, even the very best of kids, only cooperate 70% of the time...
that's great! I will set the bar there, then, makes so life so much easier when you have realistic expectations.

Ok inventory time:

my 11 yo-yep, 70%
my 14yo-wow, 95% (and she's a girl)
21 mo dcb-70% seems right
15mo twins-40%
3yo sister-30%
4yo brother-25%

My dh-50%
Tags:cooperation, curtains, nap issues, nap partner, siblings, sleep - solutions
Reply Up