Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>End of Year Tax Statements
daycare 02:34 PM 01-26-2016
hey there ladies...

I know that this has probably been discussed a million times on here before, but I can't seem to be able to search anything right now??? computer issue on my part maybe?

but question is, when do you guys give out your end of the year tax statements to your clients???
Baby Beluga 02:47 PM 01-26-2016
In my HB it says they will be sent out no later then January 30th. I generally have them out earlier though, I sent all of mine out last week.
Unregistered 02:56 PM 01-26-2016
I double check all my numbers then I give them to those that ask.
Josiegirl 03:30 PM 01-26-2016
I gave them all out a week ago. The dcfs I won't see for awhile I mailed them to and included a self-addressed stamped envelope so they could send me back a signed copy. That way I know we were all on the same page.
Thriftylady 03:56 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I gave them all out a week ago. The dcfs I won't see for awhile I mailed them to and included a self-addressed stamped envelope so they could send me back a signed copy. That way I know we were all on the same page.
I have two families I termed this year and I am waiting for them to bring me a w10. I am guessing they won't, but I want to make sure they come and sign my paper before I give them one. I just don't trust them. Of course I am not sure I trust they won't just say I didn't give them the info even though they never asked either.
MarinaVanessa 04:11 PM 01-26-2016
I send mine out automatically by the end of January every year but legally you don't have to give clients anything other than a w-10 with your info on it if they provide you with a blank form. The w-10 you fill out for them doesn't even have to have the amount that was paid to you for child care, just your name and either SSN or EIN#.

Out of courtesy I give everyone one without them asking or providing me with a form and it has their total for the previous year but I use MMK throughout the year to record payments so all I have to do is print out the report and everything is already on it. It's not like I'm doing any extra work for them.
Thriftylady 04:25 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I send mine out automatically by the end of January every year but legally you don't have to give clients anything other than a w-10 with your info on it if they provide you with a blank form. The w-10 you fill out for them doesn't even have to have the amount that was paid to you for child care, just your name and either SSN or EIN#.

Out of courtesy I give everyone one without them asking or providing me with a form and it has their total for the previous year but I use MMK throughout the year to record payments so all I have to do is print out the report and everything is already on it. It's not like I'm doing any extra work for them.
My families that were still here I printed up and end of year receipt with my EIN on it. Had them sign a copy and gave them a copy I signed. I guess I just like signatures.
KSDC 12:57 PM 01-27-2016
I just send home a statement with their annual total and my tax #. For those still in my care, I give to them at pick up.
Any who have left my care I mail it to.
Reply Up