Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>When You Close DC
Josiegirl 02:29 AM 05-26-2019
Tom, I closed my dc officially May 24th. But I'll still care for a set of siblings occasionally and maybe 1 other dck. Can I deduct costs during those times, such as food, activities I do with them? And what about time spent getting rid of things, cost of dc trash, activities such as that? Or the tax acct. fees when he does them?
Or is it once you're done, you are done deducting?
Thank you!
TomCopeland 10:32 AM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Tom, I closed my dc officially May 24th. But I'll still care for a set of siblings occasionally and maybe 1 other dck. Can I deduct costs during those times, such as food, activities I do with them? And what about time spent getting rid of things, cost of dc trash, activities such as that? Or the tax acct. fees when he does them?
Or is it once you're done, you are done deducting?
Thank you!
As long as you are still be paid to care for children, you are still in business. If you are now operating legally according to your state law you can continue to deduct all the same expenses. If you are not in violation of state child care licensing laws you can no longer claim house expenses on Form 8829, but you can claim all other expenses.
Josiegirl 11:42 AM 05-27-2019
Ok thanks!
Tags:closing daycare, deduction - closing daycare, tom copeland
Reply Up