Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Wording Please (I'm So Bad At It)...
WImom 11:56 AM 06-27-2011
I have a dc family that has in the past asked to stay late and or come early (about an hour). I told them okay and that there would be a charge of $10 (they have two kids).

They did this a few times and then changed their hours from pick up at 3:00 to p/u at 4:00. We agree that it would be fine and took off their sibling discount.

Last month they asked to bring children early and didn't pay me anything extra. I didn't say anything (my fault I know). I assumed it was just forgotten. Last week again they asked to come 30 minutes early - didn't pay me extra on Friday. DCD just called to come in this Friday early (30 minutes). I said yes and I have no problem doing this (I have other kids here anyways) but would like to send home something (so they have it in writing) that they need to pay when coming early or staying later than their scheduled time. I feel like since I didn't ask for money the last two times they are just taking advantage of me and will continue to ask. (They are the only clients that do this)

Can someone help me with the wording? Would you charge less for minutes?
Cat Herder 12:18 PM 06-27-2011
I would give them a statement of what they owe today and not allow them to drop-off without paying it in full by morning. I would not write up a note, just tell them "This is your past due amount, I need it by morning."

Since this is occurring often you may need to offer them a different schedule with a different rate.

After that, the answer for requests of "special" is NO or this will continue from now on and you will burn out faster.

Caring for children should be 90% of your job with 10% being dealing with adults. Not the other way around.
CheekyChick 01:04 PM 06-27-2011
I never charge my parents if they change their drop off or pick up times, unless the new time is before I open or after I close. My parents pay for a full day, whether they use 10 hours or 7 hours - it's all the same price.

With that said, I would simply give them an invoice once a week, stating the amount they owe. If they don't pay the full amount, put it on their next invoice with a note saying they will owe a late charge if they don't pay the entire amount due by x date.
Tags:late fee, pick up policy
Reply Up