Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hey!
dEHmom 03:03 PM 09-01-2011
Hey Everyone! I've been scarce lately, getting ready for start of school year.

So DCB #1 has 1 more day left, tomorrow, and then he is done!
My other DCB was here wednesday and is now gone on vacation for the next 2.5 weeks.

Sucks because I've got almost no moola, but DCM paid me for all of september since they aren't back again until the 19th. Not very much money, but that's ok.

Still no luck filling the spot. I've had 1 person email, and never respond back, I had 1 person call and leave a msg because the phone was off the hook when we weren't home (so no call display showing up) but the message wasn't very clear on the phone number, so I cannot contact her back. And I had 1 person schedule an interview for next week, bump it up to last night, and then cancel 2 hours before interview saying they found other arrangements.

It's hard not to take things personal, because it certainly feels like it is, even though I know at this point it isn't.

But on the bright side, I've got 2 weeks off! and 2 out of 3 of my own kids are starting school so it'll be a pretty decent 2 weeks.
daycare 03:26 PM 09-01-2011
wow that sounds really nice. I am low in numbers but starting to get more kids as we are starting our preschool lessons next week. I am super excited to start classes, but i have had a really super mellow summer and even though I took a loss of income I will make up for it over the school season. I have faith!! lol

hang in there. Times are hard for many people and it seems like everyone is low in DC numbers. I have only had calls from people who are on state asst. and I don't take state programs. I am trying to stick by my words and not have to deal with state paid, but I may not have a chloice if I don't get some more kids by december.

I'll send some wishes your way, but until then enjoy this break....who knows when you will get another one like this!!!!
dEHmom 07:13 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I'll send some wishes your way, but until then enjoy this break....who knows when you will get another one like this!!!!
that's how I am looking at it. if someone phoned tomorrow and said they want to start asap, i would definitely do it, however, i am hoping that i fill my spot as of 2 weeks from now, so i can have 1 week off without my kids somewhat (i know that sounds bad). my middle son is starting kindy and is gone full days every other day, so next week his first day is friday, then he goes tues and thursday the following week. but it's a few days where it's just me and my youngest, and some days with just my 2 youngest as my dd is in gr 2 so she is gone daily.

i love my children, but it was honestly exhausting having my oldest home from school, with the non stop mess and bickering between them, i can't wait for school to start.
countrymom 05:19 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
that's how I am looking at it. if someone phoned tomorrow and said they want to start asap, i would definitely do it, however, i am hoping that i fill my spot as of 2 weeks from now, so i can have 1 week off without my kids somewhat (i know that sounds bad). my middle son is starting kindy and is gone full days every other day, so next week his first day is friday, then he goes tues and thursday the following week. but it's a few days where it's just me and my youngest, and some days with just my 2 youngest as my dd is in gr 2 so she is gone daily.

i love my children, but it was honestly exhausting having my oldest home from school, with the non stop mess and bickering between them, i can't wait for school to start.
3 of my kids went tues/thurs and the last one went mon/wed. For some reason I liked the fact she went on mon. I lost a bunch to school (alot of the jk/sk are now full time) its nice to have a small group, but with activities starting up I need some extra money. But enjoy your 2 weeks off, I would love to have some "me" time, ok after 2 days I would be bored and waiting for the kids to come home, but it would be so nice to have a peace and quiet house for a bit.
pixsydust 06:11 AM 09-02-2011

I totally agree with you on that!! My DD is 10 now and she is a great help most of the time, but sometimes she just makes things more difficult for me. I'm looking forward to school starting next week.

My numbers are low too. I had 5 kids until last week. Two kids moved last week. Then the pregnant DCM of two others told me she probably won't be bringing her kids back after maternity leave and her last day of work is next Friday. (I think her leaving will be a blessing because she isn't very reliable and we always have issues) The one remaining starts school next week. It's just bad timing. Everyone leaving around the same time. On a happy note, I did set up an interview this weekend for a 10 week old. The mom saw my ad on craigslist!
dEHmom 06:21 AM 09-02-2011
i have ads EVERYWHERE that i can find to post them. On every site that shows up on the first 2 google page search results when you type in my city and daycare, childcare, day care, child care, etc. In my ads on kijiji etc, I include both daycare and childcare in my ad and heading so that it comes up either way. Because if you put in daycare and my ad only says childcare, then it doesn't come up. so I come up both searches. I've also listed myself on google, so that it comes up with the google map one searches. I've found every way possible that I can come up.
beachgrl 08:56 AM 09-02-2011
I have been posting on cl too and get calls and emails, couple interviews and two kids who drop in a cpl days a week from it. i have also gotten crazy schedule requests but havent been able to get any normal weekly dck in here and i am really starting to stress bc my income is our main hh income due to hubby working 3rd shift and going to school ft. idk what else i need to do but didnt think about the daycare childcare wording for searching.. my center name doesnt have either of those in it..i will have to llok into that more
pixsydust 10:18 AM 09-02-2011
I've also listed myself on google, so that it comes up with the google map one searches. I've found every way possible that I can come up.
How do you list yourself on google? I need to do something else to generate more business. I am open to website suggestions if anyone has any they know of for advertising.
dEHmom 10:31 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by pixsydust:
How do you list yourself on google? I need to do something else to generate more business. I am open to website suggestions if anyone has any they know of for advertising.
you create your ad, they mail you a postcard with a pin #, then you enter the pin and it posts the ad.
pixsydust 10:33 AM 09-02-2011
you create your ad, they mail you a postcard with a pin #, then you enter the pin and it posts the ad.
Do I just go to google.com?
dEHmom 10:38 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by pixsydust:
Do I just go to google.com?
google.com/placesforbusiness
Tags:positive, start of school
Reply Up