Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inspection During Naptime...
justgettingstarted 03:18 PM 02-13-2013
And she made me test the smoke detecter!!! Are you kidding me!!??? This is my first unannounced inspection. I really didnt expect her to come at naptime (and 2 pm is obviously going to be naptime) but I could get over it since my kids nap in a separate bedroom, not the playroom or livingroom. BUT to make me test the detecter is just freaking rude. Woke up my son and one dcb, ruined our day. Pissed! Ok rant over
daycarediva 03:51 PM 02-13-2013
Oh no! I am so sorry! How did the inspection go?
justgettingstarted 04:08 PM 02-13-2013
It actually went really well. I'm super organized so all my paperwork is in a binder ready to go and up to date. That made it go very quickly. I did get cited because my fire extinguisher had just expired but I'm closing in less than a month (whenever my baby decides to arrive) so I was not at all stressed about it and neither was she. I just could not believe she would have me test the detecter! Is this common? I would think they'd be a little more concerned for the kids and more considerate of naptime.
Sugar Magnolia 04:17 PM 02-13-2013
Now, I am a center, but here that is quite common. My inspector comes.at nap time more often than not. And yes, I have to do the fire alarm system while she is there at least once a year. It does stink, I totally sympathize. I have a full blown fire alarm system, complete with wailing sirens, pull station and strobes. Its a real hoot. I do a fire drill monthly, but save the nap time drill for inspection time, or December, which ever comes first.
MyAngels 04:33 PM 02-13-2013
My inspector was really nice the first time she showed up during nap - she actually offered to stop back by later to do the alarms, but it was close to the end of nap that I went ahead & did it. The best part was when the nap room door popped open and my kids started lining up to go outside. We've done fire drills during nap so they knew what to do. I was quite proud of them .
Play Care 05:21 PM 02-13-2013
I've never had an pop in at nap time, but I do know we would be required to do it. My licensor said that they really want providers to be doing drills at random times during the day, including quiet time so the kids are not scared/surprised. She said she knows most providers don't do them during those times judging by how the kids act when it does happen
I am sorry though, it does stink. Especially since you are closing soon anyway.
lovemykidstoo 06:13 PM 02-13-2013
My licensor is coming next week at 2:00. I told her that that is naptime and she told me that the inspection usually takes 1-1 and 1/2 hrs so by the time she's almost done she'll do the fire alarm last so the kids will be up and show her how they exit.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:23 PM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by justgettingstarted:
And she made me test the smoke detecter!!! Are you kidding me!!??? This is my first unannounced inspection. I really didnt expect her to come at naptime (and 2 pm is obviously going to be naptime) but I could get over it since my kids nap in a separate bedroom, not the playroom or livingroom. BUT to make me test the detecter is just freaking rude. Woke up my son and one dcb, ruined our day. Pissed! Ok rant over
And thats why I am now an unlicenced dayhome. Never again will I put up with that garbadge.
Tags:inspection, inspection - during naptime
Reply Up