Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Question
mrsnj 07:23 PM 10-02-2013
Here is what happened.....
DCG isn't supposed to attend till Friday this wk. Mom and Dad are on honeymoon and gparents are watching DCG. Gmom1 tells me gmom2 has the baby Monday and doesn't want her. She might bring her Monday. Gmom1 will call me and let me know over the wkend. No call.

I text gmom1 Monday asking if the baby was coming. No reply. Baby arrives with gmom2. I am a little pissy but it isn't the parents fault so I accept. Gmom1 will pick up and pay. She shows and says she will bring payment tue cause she has to pay cause mom n dad didnt leave check and she gets paid Tuesday. Fine. No show.

I leave messages all day with gmom1. No reply. No show. Payment is now three days late.

I have to let mom know cause when she brings baby she will not have been paid. (They return tomorrow night).

Do I email or text to notify? I don't want to call and disturb.

Do I let it go and simply expect not to see payment till I see mom?

Do I charge a late fee?

Do I call and leave more messages with gmom1?

It isn't the parents cause so I feel bad. On the other hand I am getting pissed off. Meanwhile I am short payment. And now I have to make another bank run cause two grown women cannot be responsible? Kinda mad and feel taken advantage of( which is exactly what it is cause gmom1 I know from church and is a friend).

How would you handle??
Cradle2crayons 07:40 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Here is what happened.....
DCG isn't supposed to attend till Friday this wk. Mom and Dad are on honeymoon and gparents are watching DCG. Gmom1 tells me gmom2 has the baby Monday and doesn't want her. She might bring her Monday. Gmom1 will call me and let me know over the wkend. No call.

I text gmom1 Monday asking if the baby was coming. No reply. Baby arrives with gmom2. I am a little pissy but it isn't the parents fault so I accept. Gmom1 will pick up and pay. She shows and says she will bring payment tue cause she has to pay cause mom n dad didnt leave check and she gets paid Tuesday. Fine. No show.

I leave messages all day with gmom1. No reply. No show. Payment is now three days late.

I have to let mom know cause when she brings baby she will not have been paid. (They return tomorrow night).

Do I email or text to notify? I don't want to call and disturb.

Do I let it go and simply expect not to see payment till I see mom?

Do I charge a late fee?

Do I call and leave more messages with gmom1?

It isn't the parents cause so I feel bad. On the other hand I am getting pissed off. Meanwhile I am short payment. And now I have to make another bank run cause two grown women cannot be responsible? Kinda mad and feel taken advantage of( which is exactly what it is cause gmom1 I know from church and is a friend).

How would you handle??
I would ABSOLUTELY charge a late fee... To whoever my contract is with. Ultimatelynitsne responsibility if the parents to be sure you are paid... Assuming your contract is with them,

I'd charge whatever the Kate fee should be, and refuse care until it is paid.
TheGoodLife 07:53 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I would ABSOLUTELY charge a late fee... To whoever my contract is with. Ultimatelynitsne responsibility if the parents to be sure you are paid... Assuming your contract is with them,

I'd charge whatever the Kate fee should be, and refuse care until it is paid.
You have a contract- if DCM tries to argue just apologize, tell her you tried to contact the Grandma multiple times, and that she will need to figure it out on her own. It's not your problem, you just need to go by your contract. Good luck, hopefully she won't have a problem and will just apologize
MyAngels 09:05 PM 10-02-2013
I would also charge a late fee and refuse further care until paid. In this instance I would email the parents with the situation, followed up with a phone call the evening prior to their expected return to daycare (assuming you are not expecting the chid in care again before the parents return) so they are prepared with the correct payment in hand upon their return.
mrsnj 02:40 AM 10-03-2013
Thx
Half of my felt bad charging or emailing. On the other hand both gmoms knew and I know the mom knows too. What pushed me over the edge was gmom1 openly ignoring my many messages. That woman always has her phone!

Ok. I will go ahead and send the email
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 10-03-2013
Why are you excusing the parents? It IS their responsibility.

It isn't like they didn't know they were going on a trip.

It is THEIR responsibility to make sure everything (including daycare scheduling AND payment) are arranged BEFORE they go....

This falls on them.

I would charge a late fee and NOT provide services until ALL fees are paid in full.

Keep us posted as to what happens.
MotherNature 07:47 AM 10-03-2013
wow- grandma's gall! Especially since you took her when you didn't even have to!
spinnymarie 08:07 AM 10-03-2013
Yikes. In addition to charging late fees, I'd consider telling mom you won't be dealing with the Grandmas again, either...
sleepinghart 08:12 AM 10-03-2013
Do you know if the parents knew that the grandparents would possibly be bringing DCG there to you before they left, or did they leave DCG under the grandparents sole responsibility and this was a last minute decision the g-mom made to bring her there to you? Either way, it's still the parent's ultimate responsibility and problem to ensure that you are paid in full as it's their child after all...You cared for her and it's just the right thing for them to do regardless .
mrsnj 09:18 AM 10-03-2013
Oh the drama...........

Yes Sleepinghart- she knew. How I know she knew is that mom has been texting both gparents all week! AND Gmom1 knew that Gmom2 might be dropping off last week and told me so. Gmom1 was supposed to have called me to notify me if that was the case. Gmom2 dropped off with no bottles made. I require premade bottles. Its during bus duty and she is due a bottle and none are made Gmom2 told mom I made a comment....Mom told Gmom1 and Gmom1 told ME. In other words, mom was communicating the whole time. So........yeah. Mom knew about all this before during and after.

I em mom to let her know. She gets the em. Gmom1 said she paid me. Um. No. Seems (Get the popcorn out cause here it comes) Gmom1 gave the money to a mutual friends daughter and asked HER to give it to my husband at church last night. The girl forgot. So. It was "her fault". Um. No. You were still three days late by that point in time. You didn't come when you said you were. You told mom you paid me and you didn't. You involved another young person in the middle of all this mess which is NOT COOL! and in the end I didn't get paid until today. No late fee paid BTW. She 'fell down the steps" and that is why she didn't come (Can you hear the music playing?) So somehow you forgot my email, my house phone, my cell phone number and didn't contact me? You ignored my messages? "Oh I replied. Didnt you get them?" Now if I kept leaving messages and texts and you were replying to me and I kept messaging, wouldn't you call and ask what was up? She calls me for everything else!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

So pissed off. I love Gmom1. She is a sweet lady and I consider her a friend but don't overstep. Not cool. I have heard it all and making excuses only makes me mad.

In the end, I have a regular payment but no late fees paid.
TheGoodLife 09:24 AM 10-03-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
Oh the drama...........

Yes Sleepinghart- she knew. How I know she knew is that mom has been texting both gparents all week! AND Gmom1 knew that Gmom2 might be dropping off last week and told me so. Gmom1 was supposed to have called me to notify me if that was the case. Gmom2 dropped off with no bottles made. I require premade bottles. Its during bus duty and she is due a bottle and none are made Gmom2 told mom I made a comment....Mom told Gmom1 and Gmom1 told ME. In other words, mom was communicating the whole time. So........yeah. Mom knew about all this before during and after.

I em mom to let her know. She gets the em. Gmom1 said she paid me. Um. No. Seems (Get the popcorn out cause here it comes) Gmom1 gave the money to a mutual friends daughter and asked HER to give it to my husband at church last night. The girl forgot. So. It was "her fault". Um. No. You were still three days late by that point in time. You didn't come when you said you were. You told mom you paid me and you didn't. You involved another young person in the middle of all this mess which is NOT COOL! and in the end I didn't get paid until today. No late fee paid BTW. She 'fell down the steps" and that is why she didn't come (Can you hear the music playing?) So somehow you forgot my email, my house phone, my cell phone number and didn't contact me? You ignored my messages? "Oh I replied. Didnt you get them?" Now if I kept leaving messages and texts and you were replying to me and I kept messaging, wouldn't you call and ask what was up? She calls me for everything else!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

So pissed off. I love Gmom1. She is a sweet lady and I consider her a friend but don't overstep. Not cool. I have heard it all and making excuses only makes me mad.

In the end, I have a regular payment but no late fees paid.
Sorry you're involved in all that drama! I'd let DCM know that you just got payment today, it is X many days late, and that $X is due for late payment before drop off! Any arguments, just restate that you did not receive it until it was X days late and that late fee is $X. If she argues, I'd personally say that you were counting on that money in the bank for your own bills, and sorry, but the fee is non-negotiable. DCM and DCG2 can figure it out between themselves
Familycare71 09:39 AM 10-03-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Sorry you're involved in all that drama! I'd let DCM know that you just got payment today, it is X many days late, and that $X is due for late payment before drop off! Any arguments, just restate that you did not receive it until it was X days late and that late fee is $X. If she argues, I'd personally say that you were counting on that money in the bank for your own bills, and sorry, but the fee is non-negotiable. DCM and DCG2 can figure it out between themselves
Yup!! Not your problem! Charge the late fee and require it before you accept back into care!
Tags:late fee
Reply Up