Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do you ever want to...
Shell 03:26 AM 07-28-2014
Write something really snarky on the Facebook page of a "weekend" parent? You know, the type that pawns their kid off at daycare 50 hours a week, seems to only be a parent because that's what all of their friends are doing, and then posts some sweet little photo/video of their little one during the one or two days they actually spend with them ( assuming they don't hire a sitter or leave them for some "me" time) of something you see them do everyday?! I'm not talking about the good parents that work a lot and genuinely want to be with their kids, you know the ones I mean. Oh, and they get almost 70 "likes" for their excellent parenting??? Vent over
daycarediva 03:42 AM 07-28-2014
Yes. 1 in particular is ALWAYS taking credit for what dcb has learned here. "Look what Mommy taught DCB!" I was really upset with her when she said she taught him the mothers day song we worked on for two weeks here.

UGH! It annoyed me enough that I started posting videos of the new songs, or cute things they say, have learned, etc and tagging the parents in them. The great parents LOVE it.
KidGrind 04:06 AM 07-28-2014
No.

I will post: A daycare provider spends 40+ hours with your children in care. They may love being in our homes. We may love them. It can never replace the love and time spent with a parent.

I’ve gotten over them taking credit for the things I teach them daily. My snark is on empty lately.
NightOwl 04:28 AM 07-28-2014
Snark refills are necessary!
coolconfidentme 04:43 AM 07-28-2014
I have a DCD who is forever taking credit for things learned here. The other day DCB2 said to his mommy, "D*** it to H3LL!" She texted me & said, "Must have learned that one from daddy too!" LOL

ps..., they are divorced.
hope 04:58 AM 07-28-2014
I have seen those weekend parents that post the new bike they bought their son but I know they will never teach them how to ride it. That same parent posts all the over the top birthday parties and pictures of a huge pile of gifts under the Christmas tree. These are the parents that buy their children's attention but can't be bothered to follow through with it.
DaveA 05:09 AM 07-28-2014
I don't follow parents on FB for this very reason. I'm too sarcastic and have what my Mom always describes as "the tact of a steamroller and the subtlety of a falling ton of bricks".
mamamanda 05:16 AM 07-28-2014
I usually comment with something like, "She is so cute when she sings that. We've been working on that for x amount of time, but it finally paid off! Adorable!" Yes I actually post it & then I let it go. Lol
midaycare 05:16 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
I don't follow parents on FB for this very reason. I'm too sarcastic and have what my Mom always describes as "the tact of a steamroller and the subtlety of a falling ton of bricks".
I'm in that same category. I avoid parents as much as possible outside work - I even go to the next town to grocery shop. I serve healthy and non-processed here, but knowing my luck a parent would see me throw in a bag of Oreos for myself.
mamamanda 05:18 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Yes. 1 in particular is ALWAYS taking credit for what dcb has learned here. "Look what Mommy taught DCB!" I was really upset with her when she said she taught him the mothers day song we worked on for two weeks here.

UGH! It annoyed me enough that I started posting videos of the new songs, or cute things they say, have learned, etc and tagging the parents in them. The great parents LOVE it.
Hehe I love it!
hope 05:27 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I'm in that same category. I avoid parents as much as possible outside work - I even go to the next town to grocery shop. I serve healthy and non-processed here, but knowing my luck a parent would see me throw in a bag of Oreos for myself.
Haha! I have run into a dc family and I did feel my cart was being scrutinized. Dh thought I was crazy for thinking that. Glad someone else feels the same way. I now avoid that store knowing I could run into them.
Meeko 05:29 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by Shell:
Write something really snarky on the Facebook page of a "weekend" parent? You know, the type that pawns their kid off at daycare 50 hours a week, seems to only be a parent because that's what all of their friends are doing, and then posts some sweet little photo/video of their little one during the one or two days they actually spend with them ( assuming they don't hire a sitter or leave them for some "me" time) of something you see them do everyday?! I'm not talking about the good parents that work a lot and genuinely want to be with their kids, you know the ones I mean. Oh, and they get almost 70 "likes" for their excellent parenting??? Vent over
I have several of these daycare parents! I just laugh at their posts and in a small way I feel sorry for them. Faking your way through parenthood is sad indeed.
Blackcat31 05:36 AM 07-28-2014
I do not follow parents on Facebook. EVER.

I also have way too much going on in my own life to worry about daycare parents and what they are doing on their off time.

As long as they follow my policies and pay me on time, they can do and say what ever they'd like on their off hours.

If they want to take credit for something their child learned here, then that's on them. If they truly believe they are the best parent they can be, then cool beans.

Again, that's on them. That is their burden to bear.

I know what I do. I know what kids learn here and I know the impact I have on them. If parents want to take credit for that......whatever.

In the end, it's the child that matters and if the child sings a song that I taught them (but mommy took credit for) as long as the kid is happy singing...it is what it is.
TheGoodLife 07:54 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I do not follow parents on Facebook. EVER.

I also have way too much going on in my own life to worry about daycare parents and what they are doing on their off time.

As long as they follow my policies and pay me on time, they can do and say what ever they'd like on their off hours.

If they want to take credit for something their child learned here, then that's on them. If they truly believe they are the best parent they can be, then cool beans.

Again, that's on them. That is their burden to bear.

I know what I do. I know what kids learn here and I know the impact I have on them. If parents want to take credit for that......whatever.

In the end, it's the child that matters and if the child sings a song that I taught them (but mommy took credit for) as long as the kid is happy singing...it is what it is.
Your attitude is always so inspiring!
Naptime yet? 11:10 AM 07-28-2014
What drives me crazy is when the parents make their "monkeys dance", as I call it. It can happen during drop off or pick up: "Where's your nose? What color is that? Sing the Happy Song. What does a cow say?" etc. etc., followed by "we taught him that" or "we've been working on that".

Dance monkey, dance!

Yayyyy!!! Because parents should be their child's first teachers
melilley 11:35 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
BC's attitude is so inspiring! I just hope one day that I can think and reason like she does! I try to think that way, but it doesn't always work.
melilley 11:41 AM 07-28-2014
I don't follow any parents on fb either and won't friend any of them.

I do however have 1 dcm who is a weekend parent and drops her child off every day even thought she only works 1-2 days a week. I so would love to say something about that, but like bc said, I'm getting paid so it shouldn't matter. This same dcm actually told me on Thursday (we were talking about an issue that we thought dcb has) that I'm with dcb more than she is so I would know more about the issue than her! Well, if you would spend time with him, then you would know more than I. Anyways, there are always going to be parents like this. I'm learning how to deal with them and not care, but it's hard.
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Originally Posted by melilley:
BC's attitude is so inspiring! I just hope one day that I can think and reason like she does! I try to think that way, but it doesn't always work.
Thanks ladies.

You have no idea how much this "made my day".

Thank you!!
Reply Up