Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Still trying.
KIDZRMYBIZ 10:18 AM 08-04-2014
Had 2 more interviews this wknd, but don't think either will be signing on.

One was doubtful that older children (hers is 2.5) can get the attention they need in a dc that also watches babies. Whatever. You want a classroom with all like-aged kids (a center) but pay an in-home price. Can't have it both ways. Didn't seem to matter what I said to convince them everything runs like a well-oiled machine. Our days are fun and happy.

Other kept saying over and over how much "stuff" there is. Of course there is a lot of stuff. There are 8 children of all ages here for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. My playroom is neatly organized and not over cluttered. Whole middle of carpeted floor is open. This is daycare. I don't know what they expected.

Hanging on by a thread here, and starting to think a corporate job is sounding attractive again. I must have finally lost my mind!
Naptime yet? 10:24 AM 08-04-2014
How strange to comment on the amount of "stuff". And if you had only sticks & rocks for the kids to play with they'd be making comments about that, too.

I'm feeling your corporate job vibe, though.
KIDZRMYBIZ 10:41 AM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
I'm feeling your corporate job vibe, though.
I have to say that is a comfort to hear that someone else feels that way. I almost feel GUILTY for thinking it. I worked in that world for 9 years before my 12 years of in-home daycare, so I do know what it's about. Just the expense and work of being licensed, no benefits like PTO and insurance, and the crazy expectations is getting to me.
KIDZRMYBIZ 10:43 AM 08-04-2014
Plus, after that whacko, it got me thinking, "I wonder how much I could sell that stuff for? Or this stuff? Hmmmm..."
midaycare 01:16 PM 08-04-2014
Just remember not everyone is going to be a good fit. I'm guessing you wouldn't have wanted them as clients anyway.

I'm pretty recently out of the corporate world. It's not as good as you remember!
Reply Up