Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELP.........Inspection approaching
daniellesweety1 07:02 PM 08-08-2014
So I have my final inspection coming Tuesday and I have been going over my checklist to make sure I have everything that they will be looking for. I'm so ready to get this over with so I can get licensed and promote like I really want to. Anywho, I'm so confused as to what's the difference between the Emergency Escape Plan and the Fire Escape Plan??? I hope this is not a crazy question and I'm just really over thinking this. But I'm not sure if I am suppose to be writing out this plan of action or just post my Emergency escape plan which acts as both.

OR do I write out the information that I wrote from my Emergency Preparedness Course????

Please Help!!!
midaycare 07:48 PM 08-08-2014
Originally Posted by daniellesweety1:
So I have my final inspection coming Tuesday and I have been going over my checklist to make sure I have everything that they will be looking for. I'm so ready to get this over with so I can get licensed and promote like I really want to. Anywho, I'm so confused as to what's the difference between the Emergency Escape Plan and the Fire Escape Plan??? I hope this is not a crazy question and I'm just really over thinking this. But I'm not sure if I am suppose to be writing out this plan of action or just post my Emergency escape plan which acts as both.

OR do I write out the information that I wrote from my Emergency Preparedness Course????

Please Help!!!
Here in MI, our Emergency Escape Plan needs to include a Fire Escape Plan. As well as a water emergency plan, and every other plan you can think of! I'm surprised I didn't have to write one for hurricanes, even though they obviously don't happen here.

Maybe someone from Maryland can pitch in?
daniellesweety1 07:52 PM 08-08-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Here in MI, our Emergency Escape Plan needs to include a Fire Escape Plan. As well as a water emergency plan, and every other plan you can think of! I'm surprised I didn't have to write one for hurricanes, even though they obviously don't happen here.

Maybe someone from Maryland can pitch in?
I really hope so because I'm really confused by this. Do you have to write this out in some type of word for word thing or draw an actual plan?
Thriftylady 08:01 PM 08-08-2014
I can't say for sure but I wonder if they want one for if you have to evacuate with the children, where you would meet the parents. For instance if there was a chemical spill and you had to leave the area.
daniellesweety1 08:03 PM 08-08-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I can't say for sure but I wonder if they want one for if you have to evacuate with the children, where you would meet the parents. For instance if there was a chemical spill and you had to leave the area.
I have something like that on my Emergency Preparedness Plan....
Tags:inspection
Reply Up