Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kitchen Floor
mamamanda 12:12 PM 02-05-2019
Hello everyone! I haven't been on for quite a bit, but hope you all are well! I'm only doing child care part time now, but my question is... how do you tend to your kitchen floors? Mine is vinyl laminate & it is always sticky! Even after I mop! My best trick is using an so pad on my hands & knees, but I'm expecting again & my belly is starting to make this practice uncomfortable. Is there any "easier" method I'm missing? Toddler meal time is stressing my floor out! 😂
springv 05:56 PM 02-05-2019
CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby, we have a BRUCE mop that we purchased at home depot that we use to clean our floor here at home and the good thing is that the pads are washable and dryable. I usually spray as needed and go over it really well with the mop
Ariana 06:12 PM 02-05-2019
I also have vinyl laminate in my daycare kitchen and my mop and Lysol cleaner works perfectly. I make the water really hot and use quite a bit of cleaner to get the stickiness off. Of course I also have a dog who does 70% of the cleaning
284878 04:09 AM 02-06-2019
I use a spray mop with reuseable pad. I fill the bottle with vinager water.
I have vinyl in my kitchen and laminate in living room.
lovemykidstoo 05:23 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
Hello everyone! I haven't been on for quite a bit, but hope you all are well! I'm only doing child care part time now, but my question is... how do you tend to your kitchen floors? Mine is vinyl laminate & it is always sticky! Even after I mop! My best trick is using an so pad on my hands & knees, but I'm expecting again & my belly is starting to make this practice uncomfortable. Is there any "easier" method I'm missing? Toddler meal time is stressing my floor out! 😂
We have luxury vinyl too and mine was the same way. I was using the swiffer mop where you spray the cleaner that is attached. Always sticky, got dirty fast because the dirt and dust was sticking to the sticky. We got a neutral cleaner at Menards and it works perfectly. No sticky anymore. It has to be "neutral". Here's a pic. You mix it because it's a concentrate, put it in a spray bottle, spray and mop. https://www.menards.com/main/commerc...5892092&ipos=1
Tags:cleaning - floor, flooring - laminate
Reply Up