Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dental Health Idea
jojosmommy 09:49 AM 02-17-2011
Just made this and thought I would share.

Made some fake teeth molds for the kids to brush.

Take some plastic water bottles (the kind with the bumpy bottoms work best) and cut the tops off. Paint the insides with white paint. I used household not craft paint. Let dry a few days. When dry attach to a piece of hard pink foam (like the kind for insulating). Attach with the bottom of the bottle upright. The bumpy part of the base will resemble the crevices in your teeth. I used crafters glue but pushing them in hard helps to adhere them too. I put 5 "teeth" on one board leaving small spaces in between to allow room to floss.

Then I let the kids brush the teeth with shaving cream and toothbrushes and floss with white yarn.

I will try to put pics up soon but since dental health month is almost over I thought I would post it now.
DCMom 09:51 AM 02-17-2011
What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing
Zoe 09:53 AM 02-17-2011
Wow! That's great! It could show them how to properly brush their teeth, as they have a concrete example on how to do it! I'm totally going to use this.
DCMomOf3 10:22 AM 02-17-2011
That sounds very cool!!

I few years ago I found a cardboard model and quite a bit of things from Colgate Bright Smile Bright Furture page. . It looks like they've done a different one now too. I like the old one better but it's too big to attach here. paper teeth model

Colgate kids activities
Tags:activities, activities - teeth mold
Reply Up