Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advantages To Home Childcare
laundrymom 09:34 AM 10-14-2011
I am in a positive mood today so I thought I would list some things that I feel are advantages for me,... Personally. Please feel free to add to the list with yours. I think we are heading into the .... Doom and gloom ... Season where we are all stressed, busy, tired, and alot of us stuck indoors most days. I thought I could post on a positive mood day, then come back and read it in the dead of winter. Lol

Here goes.
I know who sits on my toilet!!
I'm a bit of a germ freak and I like knowing my rear is on a reletively clean pot. Lol

I get a REAL MEAL every day. No paper wrappers for me. Today it's pork loin potatoes and broccoli. Blueberry buckle for dessert. Shhh don't tell the friends. Lol

I can sit on any surface any not worry about catching something. Lol.

I LOVE the way my house smells. No institutional cleaners and deodorizers. Fresh meals, laundry and flowers.

I have an amazingly well behaved dog. He is actively included in every aspect of my day. He is also a pretty good snuggler and an avid moth catcher.

I had TIME with my kids when they were little. ( before school) I have that same time now. There have been times when they climb into my lap and just stay there. I have an unbelievably close relationship with each of them. I think being raised seeing kids who had to be away from their parents helped them see how good they had it. I'm not saying it was always easy or fun. But it played a huge part in who they are today.

I always have a " company ready" house. It stays picked up for the most part. I don't have to worry if someone pops in for a visit. I just smile, put on some coffee and whip up some muffins or coffee cake.

I get to , for the most part, pick who I work with.

I get to be silly, creative, and it's actually a thing people PAY for

The people at my job LOVE ME. And,... I LOVE THEM.

My daily activities are only limited by my own imagination. Toilet paper mummies in the living room, ok. Fairy princess castle tea party under the kitchen table? Oh yes. Chalk drawings on the sidewalk? Yes!!

Wrapped in blankets sharing wondrous secrets on a blustery day,... You bet your bottom.

I was here for my son when he broke up with his fiancé
I was here holding innocent children when the towers fell
I was here to answer the call when my uncle rushed to the hosp after they found a kidney.
I was here for my best friend when what they thought was bruising from sledding, turned into leukemia
I was here for every snow day , fog delay and early release.

I'm thankful for my career. I'm thankful for the patience and ability to do this. I'm thankful to my family for sharing everything for my dream

I'm just thankful
cheerfuldom 09:44 AM 10-14-2011
great list. It's a nice reminder for all of us to think positive.

I love that I am here for all my kids' "first". I can teach my kids their colors, make sure they eat healthy, get to enjoy every thing about them.
mismatchedsocks 09:45 AM 10-14-2011
Great post! Cant wait to come back to read more!

I am thankful I dont have to get my own kids up at 5am to get them ready for daycare and school.

I am here after school ( and able to pick them up! ) for homework and reading before the daycare day is done, so we have all night to spend together!

I am thankful I can get fresh air, enjoy the weather when possible whenever I want!

I am thankful I do not have to drive in snow or rain, or bad weather to get to work.

I am thankful that I do not have to buy "work" clothes, spend money on looking great for work, waste money on food during the day.

I love that I can spend all day with children, laughing, teaching, watching them figure out something new! Much more rewarding to me then staring at a computer or pushing numbers!

I can dance and play with play doh all day!

I get unlimited hugs and "i really love coming here ms. amber" all day. Seeing the kids light up when they see me, not wanting to go home ( although must be tough for mom and dad) is nice to have the parents feel a sense of comfort!

Able to do my homework on my break and nap time, to give me more time with my kids after hours.

I get to write off things I never would imagine at tax time.

I am thankful for so much and love my job!
Ariana 09:47 AM 10-14-2011
Wow that's beautiful!!! I'll play!

I love being at home with my child every day and watching her friendships develop right before my eyes. I like that I'm teaching her every day.

I love going for walks in the fresh air every day, even when it's raining.

Home cooked meals that I choose to make and know what ingredients are in there.

Feeling relaxed because I am my own boss.

No commute!!

Making good money for something I LOVE to do.

Having 2/3 of my basement devoted to a daycare makes it easy when friends are visiting with their kids.

seeing my husband every day when he comes home for lunch.
godiva83 10:17 AM 10-14-2011
Love this!

I am thankful I am home raising my son and teaching him what is important!
Here is a funny qoute I just read that can relate, " I have seen the village, thats why I home school."

I get to see a lot more of my DH as does my son. DH works alternating shifts so if I worked out of thehome a regular 9-5 I would never see him.

My DS can wake up when he wants, not forces to get up in the wee hours of the morning

Hugs, cuddles, and all the " I love you's"

Picnics, playing outside, pool parties, finger painting, dance parties
I really do love my job
GrannyJ 10:27 AM 10-14-2011
This is an awesome thread thanks for sharing.

Just last night I was at Hobby Lobby with my two grown daughters. Both work at a daycare center. All they did was complain about all the drama that was going on with their director and co-workers. At one point I turned to them and said that is why I love my job! I send the parents off every morning with a have a nice day. Then I get to play!
Zoe 10:36 AM 10-14-2011
I'm glad you started this thread! I've been down lately and this was nice to read.

I'm thankful that my house stays at the level of neatness and cleanliness that I like (it's a high bar )

I get to eat great food for lunch every day...don't have to pack a lunch and drink cold coffee.

I can snuggle with my DS3 on the couch and watch movies with him.

If it's windy/rainy/gross, I don't have to deal with it! No commute, driving in snow storms...

I don't have to have someone watching my every move and telling me what I'm doing wrong! Love that one!!!

I can listen to the Monkees whenever I want and it isn't disrupting anyone!

I am home for my daughter when she comes home from school.

No one else is raising my children.

I get my baby fix without having to have any more children!

I don't have to deal with office politics or people that I don't like.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now!
Unregistered 10:47 AM 10-14-2011
I get to be the boss
I get to see my daughter when she gets home from school.
I get to choose what I teach my dcks.
I get to clean my house with the cleaners that I want to use.
I don't have a dress code (which I love!)
I get to be in the comfort of my own home.

There are a lot of positives!!!
Ariana 10:51 AM 10-14-2011
Oh yes the workplace politics!! don't miss that one for sure
Cat Herder 03:09 PM 10-14-2011
I will never be sitting alone in a Nursing Home telling strangers "I wish I spent more time with my kids when they were little."
kendallina 03:18 PM 10-14-2011
I LOVE being my own boss and doing things exactly as I want to do them.

I love the parents that I work with, they are all very respectful of what I do and tell me frequently.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I get to watch my daughter play with her friends in a way that I never could or would want to play with her. I get to see every moment of it and am so thankful for the wonderful little kiddos that come over and play everyday.

I LOVE that my daughter runs to the window each morning to see who is coming.

I love that my kiddos all walk in with a smile on their face almost every day.

It is the most rewarding job I have ever had and I feel so proud that it's mine and I built it!
misspollywog 04:09 PM 10-14-2011
I love being able to come here and read posts like these, which I wouldn't do if I weren't running my HDC!
MommyMuffin 04:19 PM 10-14-2011
Thank you for posting this. I am not enjoying my job lately. I cant think of anything positive right now. Hopefully I can come back soon and think of something positive to add. Thanks for posting.
iheartkids 07:32 PM 10-14-2011
Since everyone has hit the major key points that are also the same reasons I love being home I'm going to take a different approach...
Why I love doing in home compared to working in a center...
1. I am my own boss
2. I love that I can take more time with the kids when I'm doing an activity opposed to trying to get 20 kids' art projects done in 45 minutes because at EXACTLY 10:00 we have to move to the next part of the day.
3. I love that if we want to spend the whole day outside...we can!
4. I love that I can battle a problem the way I feel it needs to be taken care of and KNOW that it will be followed thru (so many good ideas get "lost" in centers cause not all co-teachers are on board with the idea)
5. I love that I can take as much time as I want talking to parents when they pick up! And love the great friendships I've acquired thru this job!
6. I love that I can get as goofy as I want with the kids and if we want to dance for an hour we will!

And I obviously love that I can actually watch my lil one interact and grow opposed to someone telling me (or LACK in telling me) about it.
And I love that time of day when me AND the lil ones are anxious for my DD to come home from school. When the kids hear the dog start barking they all get excited and starting yelling her name. The look on their faces and especially the look on my DS's face is priceless when she walks in the door.
dave4him 07:35 PM 10-14-2011
Well since i havent started it all yet i would say my main hope is that i can quit my weekend night job at Lowes and see more of my wife! Enjoy being able to minister to kids and fulfill part of my calling to be a full time Pastor. Feeding the little sheep is a good place to start
MamaBear 07:54 PM 10-14-2011
What a nice idea to post positivity

Here's mine:

This was a nice idea. Makes me appreciate my job so much more Thanks for thinking of this Laundrymom
dave4him 07:55 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
What a nice idea to post positivity

Here's mine:
\[*]I love being my own boss!!!
[\/LIST]
This was a nice idea. Makes me appreciate my job so much more Thanks for thinking of this Laundrymom

I just love that list!
MommyMuffin 10:04 AM 10-15-2011
I have one!!!!

1. Anytime my 3 month old is hungry, I can breastfeed him. If I worked outside the home I would have to take my lunch break to pump and then have my coworkers say that I take too long...(thats what happened with baby #1 when I worked outside the home.)

SO YEA, to being able to feed our own babies!!!
familyschoolcare 12:59 PM 10-15-2011
I like that since I specialize in school age I can work/earn money and still be envolved at the school week after nexts I am making a bringing in a big pasta salad as the teacher work 12 hour days all week for parent teacher conferences.

**more time to help the school.
Meeko 11:12 AM 10-17-2011
Can't think of another job where I can gleefully run around in circles making fire truck noises....and not get arrested.....
hoopinglady 11:25 AM 10-17-2011
I feel very blessed every time I am sitting in the back yard soaking up the bird song and sunshine.

I also agree with iheartkids concerning home vs. center. It does feel good to have that creative control doesn't it?
laundrymom 12:07 PM 10-17-2011
New positive thing, my son is 20. Still lives at home. But his friends are slowly moving out on their own. It's refreshing to have them show up with groceries, asking me to teach them to cook. Today I taught one how to make mushroom risotto and baked salmon for his sweetie at nap.
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Can't think of another job where I can gleefully run around in circles making fire truck noises....and not get arrested.....
or comitted.
littlemommy 01:43 PM 10-17-2011
I love being able to prepare a special supper for our wedding anniversary today! Being able to cook what I want, when I want is a super plus to being home all day!

Today the kids and I made a huge fort in the living room. It took me back to my childhood with my little brothers.
quailsgarden 02:32 PM 10-17-2011
Love this post! I'm going to print out a list for myself so I have it on hand for the challenging days to remind me of why I do what I do!
dave4him 06:54 PM 10-17-2011
encouraging. Let me see....

Attentive to the needs of my own kids daily...
Being a good daddy...
Freedom of being at home and able to get things done during quite time
2ndFamilyDC 06:21 AM 10-18-2011
A good thread, thanks for starting it. Nice to have some reminders of why I am in this business. I have nothing new to add, it has all been said.
Tags:positive
Reply Up