Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Won't He Sleep?
Lil'DinoEggs 08:03 PM 02-06-2014
my son, 22 months, could never just be laid down on a mat a sleep. First, he climbed out of pack n play.Then he was rocked until he was too big. Then I just tried quiet time but he would jump on kids. I sat down and literally has a conversation with myself:

*Why won't he sleep?
-because he isn't tired. He sleeps 12-13 hours at night

*But I need quiet at night and in the morning
-What are you doing the one extra hour? Sitting. He can sit next to you.
In the morning, he can play on his indoor jungle gym and when it is warmer you can go on walks with him. Also, don't you want to advance in your career. How would another provider feel about him not napping? And what do you tell other parents? You say if your child is not sleeping, consistent wake up time is the best.

*You're right.

I put him to bed an hour later and woke him at 5 am (he usually wakes up between 6-7). For the last three days, he is asleep on his nap within five minutes! My goodness, my provider is a hard a**!
mountainside13 05:31 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Lil'DinoEggs:
my son, 22 months, could never just be laid down on a mat a sleep. First, he climbed out of pack n play.Then he was rocked until he was too big. Then I just tried quiet time but he would jump on kids. I sat down and literally has a conversation with myself:

*Why won't he sleep?

In the morning, he can play on his indoor jungle gym and when it is warmer you can go on walks with him. Also, don't you want to advance in your career. How would another provider feel about him not napping? And what do you tell other parents? You say if your child is not sleeping, consistent wake up time is the best.

*You're right.

I put him to bed an hour later and woke him at 5 am (he usually wakes up between 6-7). For the last three days, he is asleep on his nap within five minutes! My goodness, my provider is a hard a**!
my son is 24 months and he has always been a difficult sleeper at night but not nap time. Great that you found a solution!
Msdunny 09:59 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Lil'DinoEggs:

*Why won't he sleep?

*You're right.

You are my hero today!! . What a great mom you are!
Cat Herder 10:52 AM 02-07-2014
NOW off to the parenting boards you!!!! Post this story every 20 minutes on them.

Congrats
Tags:golden family, nap, parenting, positive, win
Reply Up