Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Got A Cute Rug In Target!
Crazy8 12:31 PM 08-22-2012
Found a cute ABC rug in Target (in kids bedding area) for only $29.99. Unfortunately its too big for my space and has to go back. I think it was 52"x64" or something close to that.

I don't see it online so thought I'd mention it in case anyone is looking for a cute inexpensive rug for their playroom/daycare area.

jen2651 12:55 PM 08-22-2012
I am going to go look tonight...what state are you in - would you be willing to ship if I can't find one? That looks great!!
SilverSabre25 12:56 PM 08-22-2012
That's adorable! Too bad I don't need a rug.
WImom 12:57 PM 08-22-2012
I had gotten the same one and it was too big for my space too.
It's a cute rug though.
6colleen 01:09 PM 08-22-2012
I bought this same rug 3 weeks ago at Target in Texas. I was so excited about the design and the cost. Unfortunately, I could not get the wrinkles out. I tried steaming, laying it out on a clothesline, stretching it out on a Hot driveway and even weighing it down. So, back to target it went. I'm on the lookout for a affordable probably larger heavier colorful rug. Does anyone have any ideas?
spud912 01:54 PM 08-22-2012
We have the same rug (purchased online at Target). I really like it! The wrinkles worked themselves out within a week with all of the kids playing on it (the best carpet de-wrinkler = kids).

countrymom 02:48 PM 08-22-2012
thats so cute, great another trip I need to make
youretooloud 03:09 PM 08-22-2012
I think I NEED one of those. I'm going to check my target.
DCMama 09:54 PM 08-22-2012
I love your set ups its so nice and bright. I wish my daycare was a tiny bit bigger. And my rug always get wrinkle it's soo annoying!!
Crazy8 09:00 AM 08-23-2012
I am in NJ. Not sure it would be worth the cost of shipping it somewhere but could if you can't find one. I didn't see it online but maybe its there somewhere!

I figured the wrinkles would come out after a little while. I wasn't crazy about the red in it but the green is perfect for my playroom and I would have kept it if it would have fit. Its just about 4" too big on one side that I can't make it work!

I had posted some from www.ecmdstore.com that I was considering - just haven't pulled the trigger and ordered since they are all over $100 each. For $30 I really wanted this one to work, LOL!
jojosmommy 11:48 AM 08-23-2012
I saw this at target last night. I wandered away after seeing your post about the wrinkles. Might have to give it a try if its true the kids can flatten it out!
spud912 01:53 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I saw this at target last night. I wandered away after seeing your post about the wrinkles. Might have to give it a try if its true the kids can flatten it out!
Yeah, it flattened out pretty quickly. I didn't do anything to try to get them out besides laying it down.
wahmof3 01:59 PM 08-23-2012
SO cute!!!

I was looking for the "Like" button on the OP like on facebook........LOL

daycare 02:02 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
Yeah, it flattened out pretty quickly. I didn't do anything to try to get them out besides laying it down.
ok i was not going to brag, but I got same one from my goodwill brand new for $5.00.

BUT just like my other rug that is thin, it never stays laying flat.

I have a huge space for it, so thats not the issue. I thinks its just the thickness of the material.
spud912 02:06 PM 08-23-2012
Mine lays on carpet, so that could be part of the reason it laid flat so quickly. I could see it taking longer to de-wrinkle if it were on a hard floor. Also, it is a thin rug, so there is not much padding.

My main issue with it (and every rug for that matter) is that it slides around a lot. I have to re-allign it probably 10 times every day. I wish I could sew it into the carpet or something because it gets frustrating. I tried the rubber mat to go under the rug to keep it in place, but it doesn't work.
daycare 02:12 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by spud912:
Mine lays on carpet, so that could be part of the reason it laid flat so quickly. I could see it taking longer to de-wrinkle if it were on a hard floor. Also, it is a thin rug, so there is not much padding.

My main issue with it (and every rug for that matter) is that it slides around a lot. I have to re-allign it probably 10 times every day. I wish I could sew it into the carpet or something because it gets frustrating. I tried the rubber mat to go under the rug to keep it in place, but it doesn't work.
mine is on carpet too...yeah the sliding thing bugs me too. sometimes after circle time I put it away. the kids find ways to hide toys under it for me to step on OUCH...

yeah I tried the rubber mat thing too, didn't work....but it is a really cute rug and what I do love about it is taht it fits in my washing machine....
Kaddidle Care 04:29 PM 08-23-2012
It's so funny because when you posted those other two rugs they made me think of Target.
(Did you try Amazon?) I just love shopping online. EEEK! It's dangerous!
newtodaycare22 11:33 AM 08-27-2012
Got it on Saturday....24.99 in Md!!! I also wish it didn't slide (and every other mat/rug!) Thanks for the tip!
Crazy8 12:31 PM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
Got it on Saturday....24.99 in Md!!! I also wish it didn't slide (and every other mat/rug!) Thanks for the tip!
you're welcome! I haven't tried this so don't know if it really works but I read on pinterest to put lines of glue from a hot glue gun on the underside of rugs to keep them from slipping when you can't use a rug grip.

They also sell those sticky strips of rug grip that may work but if you have a glue gun in the house it might be worth a try.
Reply Up