Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh Mud!!!
PitterPatter 03:18 PM 01-31-2012
I have been trying to get the kids outside in the fresh air for at least 15-30 minutes every day. Prep time, 20 minutes to get shoes, coats and hats on. And it never fails someone has to take off running into grass and get mud in thier shoes! Then we spend 5-10 minutes trying to scrape the mud off, can't get it all scraped off so it's on my entry carpet. Which I then spend 20 minutes scrubbing at the end of the day!

I'm all for fresh air but the ground just wont dry up! Weeks, months now always wet or at least damp. Starting to think it's not worth it. Maybe tomorrow I will just open the window and stick the kids head out and tell them to breathe deep!

How do you combat the mud?
Blackcat31 03:29 PM 01-31-2012
We keep a rubbermaid tote near the door filled with just a few inches of water.

Everyone steps into the water for a quick rinse before heading in. If the kiddos are all wearing rubber boots, you can fill it a bit more. Works like a charm for us during the Spring months.

We also have a boot brush that works well for dried on mud

like this http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/6157...ws/reviews.htm
Country Kids 03:45 PM 01-31-2012
We all wear mud/rain boots and they come on by the door and go off right out the door. If it means everyone standing in a line taking their boots off, then they carry them to a box we keep them in. Not once has a muddy boot been work in on my carpet-
PitterPatter 03:48 PM 01-31-2012
Boots great idea ladies!

BUT no one has them. Is there somwhere I can buy them cheap? I would need a variety of sizes 2 yr olds - 10 yrs here
Tags:mud, outside play
Reply Up