Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Small Vent...On Hours In Care
providerandmomof4 08:43 AM 08-28-2012
So I have an interview yesterday (it was supposed to be Sunday but she didn't show up) calls yesterday to say sorry and reschedule, so I was already a little perturbed. Later I am looking at her interview questionaire and see that she has days of care listed as Mon-Sun. I had to already explain that I close at 5:30 because she wanted drop off 7:30am and pickup sometime betw 6 and 7? I didn't even think to tell her I am closed weekends...Uggh...Really? Do people really think that I'm going to work 7 days a week for 12 hrs a day- and for what I charge? I guess that I should list m-f on my paperwork regarding hours of operation. I already have that I will not work over 9 hr shifts!
Willow 09:11 AM 08-28-2012
I am guessing she simply doesn't have set hours, they likely vary, maybe a retail job?

But that aside, I don't reschedule no-show's. If a parent doesn't have the decency enough to give me notice of an interview cancellation they don't really need the spot all that bad. If they don't have respect enough for my time right off the bat there is zero chance they're going to have respect enough for my time long term when they contract me to care for their child.

I haven't had many but the ones that actually have the balls to call me back with an apology *days* later and expect me to set aside time out of my busy schedule for them again are always told the spot was filled the interview right after their originally scheduled one because I didn't think they needed it anymore. My hope is they learn from their mistake and they don't pull the same garbage with the next provider they try.
MarinaVanessa 10:20 AM 08-28-2012
OR you can say that weekend care is offered at double or triple price ... you'll either see her run for the hills or you'll make a lot of extra money .

Personally I don't reschedule interviews that are no call, no shows. They're already setting the pace for the future. If you can't place a simple call to let me know you can't make it it shows me that you have no consideration for my time
lovemykidstoo 11:28 AM 08-28-2012
Amen, unless you were in a car accident and sent to the hospital, a no show, no call is the #1 reason I would not reschedule. If you've already rescheduled, then I would come up with another reason. Here's one. Tell her that you had 2 interviews scheduled for that day that she didn't show up and the person that showed up got the position. Say, sorry if you would have showed up, I would have weighed each family and picked the best one, but only the other famiy showed.
DCMama 02:51 PM 08-28-2012
No calls are so rude. It was very nice of you to reschedule though
Reply Up