Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>!!Waiting for My Inspection... Mi!!
MrsCoffee 10:49 AM 03-31-2010
I am from Southeastern Mi, and awaiting my inspection.. I have done all that is required but I am so afraid I am going to miss something. Anyone from Mi, that can tell me what to expect? Also I bought outside play equipment for toddlers and up to 5 but they aren't here yet! Does that matter? We have a park at the end of the block but I have a 6 month old in my care and I don't want to walk all the way with the with still chilly.

I guess it just comes down to me freaking out thinking this person is going to find flaws bad enough to shut me down... I am tring to keep everything perfect and we have a set routine. But it's like murphies law that people come only during chaotic times..

So any advise, anything you could have done over or I should as a newby be told ???

I start my C.D.A. training on Monday, so if she comes to soon I won't have my 10 clock hours that I need. That is a 4 wk coarse. I know she can pop in anytime within 90 days. My license was official march 23
actaktmdt 11:16 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by krogers1982:
I am from Southeastern Mi, and awaiting my inspection.. I have done all that is required but I am so afraid I am going to miss something. Anyone from Mi, that can tell me what to expect? Also I bought outside play equipment for toddlers and up to 5 but they aren't here yet! Does that matter? We have a park at the end of the block but I have a 6 month old in my care and I don't want to walk all the way with the with still chilly.

I guess it just comes down to me freaking out thinking this person is going to find flaws bad enough to shut me down... I am tring to keep everything perfect and we have a set routine. But it's like murphies law that people come only during chaotic times..

So any advise, anything you could have done over or I should as a newby be told ???

I start my C.D.A. training on Monday, so if she comes to soon I won't have my 10 clock hours that I need. That is a 4 wk coarse. I know she can pop in anytime within 90 days. My license was official march 23
I have my orientation tomarrow, but I find it highly odd that they want the 10 hours compleated before inspection....You can look up letters sent to daycare providers about their inspections on the state website to see what it was they were asked to correct. (im from MI as well)
momofsix 11:45 AM 03-31-2010
My inspector came at the end of the 90 day period, and it was a scheduled appointment--so you can make sure it is a time of day that is good for you.
The outdoor equipment should not matter either. When I was inspected I couldn't use my backyard yet, and she wrote that I would use neighborhood parks and my front yard as my outdoor space in her report.
From what I've read on the state website where it lists complaints and violations it takes a LOT to get shut down. If she were to find something, you could fix it right away while she's there, if possible, or you and she would write up an "action plan" agreeing to a date to have it fixed by. As I said once before on a previous post, my inspector said she had seen some pretty bad places, and is glad to find someone that takes getting licensed seriously and professionally!
I also used the technical assistance report and made a final walk through in my home before she came. Here's the link for that
www.michigan.gov/documents/dhs/Home_TA_10-01-2008_248910_7.pdf
You will be fine! Blessings, and enjoy this great MI weather we're having
MrsCoffee 12:06 PM 03-31-2010
Thank you MomofSix! I will be checking that out! At my orientation the instructors ( 2 field consultants) told us that they sometimes come as soon as Lansing says they received the compliance letter. I made sure I was COMPLETELY ready, aside from the 10 clock hours before I sent it. The clock hours were not required at the orientation, but on the state web site I was reading up on other providers inspection reports and came across a provider sited for not having her required 10 hours so thats where I got that.

MrsCoffee 12:08 PM 03-31-2010
Is there a number for the technical assistance? I saw a manual, I have read enough of those to last me a lifetime
emosks 06:57 PM 03-31-2010
You have a year for your 10 hours...and your orientation was 6 of them so you only have 4 to complete before next March! I haven't even thought about my last 4 yet and I've had my license for a month and a half now. Don't stress. You have to be pretty bad in violations to get shut down!!!
momofsix 11:10 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by krogers1982:
Is there a number for the technical assistance? I saw a manual, I have read enough of those to last me a lifetime
Not that I know of, sorry.
Childminder 12:23 PM 04-01-2010
http://mi.gov/documents/dhs/Home_TA_...8_248910_7.pdf here you go!
MrsCoffee 05:25 AM 04-07-2010
I passed!! It went fine, and she so much more pleasant than I thought. I truly misjudge my inspector But all is well I was approved with roughly 320 sq feet and told that I made great use of limited space.
emosks 05:57 AM 04-07-2010
Yay!!
momofsix 06:25 AM 04-07-2010
Congratulations!!!!
misol 11:22 AM 04-07-2010
Good for you!!!
Tags:inspection, michigan
Reply Up