Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking for Food Program Inspection tips....
kpa0627 03:57 PM 07-07-2010
My first scheduled inspection from the food program will be coming next Thursday. Is there anything I should be aware of? What all do they watch for? They will be here @ 10 am and I don't know when they are leaving (probably after lunch). What should I serve that's easy to make. I will have 8 children that day. Any tips are appreciated. For instance, what they look for, things they found that you wouldn't have thought about, etc.
Thanks!
Childminder 04:38 PM 07-07-2010
Just make sure your menus are correct, your attendance sheets are accurate and if she arrives while you are serving the meal/snack make sure the portions are correct. I have never had a problem of any kind with any of my reps and always look forward to the visit. We chat a few minutes, sign some papers, she checks attendance for the past 5 days, go over the training sheet that she brings and enjoy each others company. 20 minutes tops.
emosks 06:19 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Just make sure your menus are correct, your attendance sheets are accurate and if she arrives while you are serving the meal/snack make sure the portions are correct. I have never had a problem of any kind with any of my reps and always look forward to the visit. We chat a few minutes, sign some papers, she checks attendance for the past 5 days, go over the training sheet that she brings and enjoy each others company. 20 minutes tops.
Yep! Pretty much that!

For food you can make cheese quesadillas in the microwave. Just make sure you have enough cheese and there is your protein and grain. Then a quick fruit and veggie and voila....you have a quick easy lunch.
Tags:food program, inspection
Reply Up