Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inspection On Wednesday... Advice
Sereetta 06:16 PM 02-25-2013
I know we are all in different states(I am in NY) but I'm just wondering in retrospect is there anything you could have done differently and what suggestions can you offer!
I feel very prepared but since this is my first time I want to be able to expect everything. Thanks in advance
WoodOx 09:48 PM 02-25-2013
gosh your lucky you get a annouced visit, mine are always unannouced.
I would make sure you have all the kids records and info current.
also if you have a daycare check list/compliance form, that would be very helpful since you can go thru it and check that you have everything in order.
I hope the kids don't give you trouble, one of the DCK's always decides to be cranky or fight over toys
good luck
Michael 11:03 PM 02-25-2013
Some inspection threads to read through: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=inspection
Meeko 06:38 AM 02-26-2013
Don't know about your state, but Utah has the exact checklist used by the inspectors on their web site. I print it off and give myself an inspection! I am 100% confident when the inspector gets here.

Also...I learned that if something is not on their checklist, they cannot write a citation, make comments or suggestions. Written regulations only. Period. They can be in serious trouble for bringing their personal opinion into the inspection.

If your inspector mentions something "wrong", ask to see the official written reg they are quoting. If they can't show it to you.....the "problem" doesn't exist.
LK5kids 07:28 AM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Don't know about your state, but Utah has the exact checklist used by the inspectors on their web site. I print it off and give myself an inspection! I am 100% confident when the inspector gets here.

Also...I learned that if something is not on their checklist, they cannot write a citation, make comments or suggestions. Written regulations only. Period. They can be in serious trouble for bringing their personal opinion into the inspection.

If your inspector mentions something "wrong", ask to see the official written reg they are quoting. If they can't show it to you.....the "problem" doesn't exist.
Thanks for both these tips. I should be under inspection in a month or so, too!
Makes me nervous! Any tips for Wisconsin licensed FCC from fellow "Cheeseheads"? I would appreciate it.
Tags:inspection
Reply Up