Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rash
TwinMama 07:28 AM 08-30-2019
Tuesday of this week I had Mom bring in dcb. He had a "pimple" on his lip. Mom and I both assumed it was from his pacifier. I put him down for his morning nap and when he woke up it had spread.

So I called Mom to pick him up and Grandma came to get him and was like "I'll tell her we better get him in right away." Grandma even mentioned that she shouldn't have brought him in on Monday, because he's got a bad cough/cold. (No fever)

Yeh....Mom said they would wait and see how it is the next day before they take him in. She claims the doctor said it's not contagious, but they don't know what it is.

She's had him out the rest of the week and tried to bring him today. It's worse and she hasn't taken him to the doctor because he's been in a good mood.

I could tell when she walked in the door that she knew they shouldn't be there.

My daughter asked to hug the baby and her response was "are you sure you want to?"

I sent her home.

No payment for the week yet, but DH (dear husband) said if she doesn't pay me for the whole week just part ways, because we're sick of their drama. We've had issues with them before.

How do I handle this?
e.j. 10:20 AM 08-30-2019
If the doctor doesn't know what it is, how can he say it's not contagious? I would explain that I don't allow kids with undiagnosed rashes into care without a note stating what the rash is from and that it's not contagious. I would also remind her that although he's been out of day care because of the rash, tuition is still due by [Date] in order to avoid late fees.
Ariana 10:49 AM 08-30-2019
I exclude for all rashes and payment is expected when a child is away sick.

What is your policy?
TwinMama 05:01 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I exclude for all rashes and payment is expected when a child is away sick.

What is your policy?
That's my policy also. You pay whether you're here or not.
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency
Reply Up