Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>a few questions
EAP 05:16 AM 01-30-2014
I ran reports through my payroll company and the gross pay is obviously more than the net for my employee, I recorded the net in MMK for wages to employee - is that correct for what I claim on my taxes or should I be recording the gross? I also record all my tax payments in MMK for her pay.

Last year I used Taxact, this year I am using HR blocks software but wasn't able to import the file of last years info, HR block is asking me when my house was put into use and I am worried it will use this as year one for my depreciation instead of year two, does anyone know how to locate this info in HR block? The depreciation section is always the most confusing so switching software should make it pretty much impossible!
TomCopeland 08:11 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by EAP:
I ran reports through my payroll company and the gross pay is obviously more than the net for my employee, I recorded the net in MMK for wages to employee - is that correct for what I claim on my taxes or should I be recording the gross? I also record all my tax payments in MMK for her pay.

Last year I used Taxact, this year I am using HR blocks software but wasn't able to import the file of last years info, HR block is asking me when my house was put into use and I am worried it will use this as year one for my depreciation instead of year two, does anyone know how to locate this info in HR block? The depreciation section is always the most confusing so switching software should make it pretty much impossible!
You should be deducting both the gross wages of your employees plus the taxes you paid (your share of the Social Security taxes, federal and state unemployment taxes and workers' compensation insurance). Recording the gross, rather than net, makes it easier to track in the future where the money went.

If you know when you first started using your home for your business, enter that date. If you don't, you might find this info on Form 4562 if the home is shown there. Otherwise, there should be a report you can print out that would show this.

Don’t miss my February 4th webinar “Tax Changes for 2013: How to Avoid Mistakes When Filling Out Your 2013 Tax Forms.” It starts at 9pm Eastern Time and is sponsored by Daycare.com. Register here:http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=yatrx4cab
Tags:payroll, payroll taxes, tom copeland
Reply Up