Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tax Help For State Pay
Unregistered 05:52 PM 02-07-2017
Hey there! I'm a registered user but cant remember my log in info....

I have always done registered family daycare so I know how to do T/S and meals and all of that. I have a girl friend who watches her nieces and nephews and is paid by the state (Oregon DHS). She provides all of the meals for them and drives to pick them up and drop them off. She files her taxes as self employed. So I'm wondering if she can write off all of the same things since she is self employed or are there restrictions because she isn't a licensed daycare. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Michael 07:05 PM 02-07-2017
Do you remember your username? You can also email me your email address so I can send you your password. director@daycare.com
TomCopeland 06:27 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hey there! I'm a registered user but cant remember my log in info....

I have always done registered family daycare so I know how to do T/S and meals and all of that. I have a girl friend who watches her nieces and nephews and is paid by the state (Oregon DHS). She provides all of the meals for them and drives to pick them up and drop them off. She files her taxes as self employed. So I'm wondering if she can write off all of the same things since she is self employed or are there restrictions because she isn't a licensed daycare. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Someone who is licensed or exempt from licensing according to their state child care regulations is entitled to deduct all the same house expenses on Form 8829 Expenses for Business Use of Your Home. If a provider is in violation of their state regulations they can't deduct these house expenses.
Tags:licensed vs unlicensed, time space percentage
Reply Up