Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sensitive Question
magsgma 06:19 PM 05-02-2011
I am enrolling a new student that will start on Monday. When I entered her information into the Minute Menu program it asks for Civil Rights info. There is nothing on our State forms or even my Private forms that I have to ask that question.
How would you approach this question or would you just skip it. Seriously why does it matter?
Hunni Bee 06:31 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by magsgma:
I am enrolling a new student that will start on Monday. When I entered her information into the Minute Menu program it asks for Civil Rights info. There is nothing on our State forms or even my Private forms that I have to ask that question.
How would you approach this question or would you just skip it. Seriously why does it matter?
We had to do that for our USDA food program. We had no idea why either. If she's a minority or "at-risk" somehow, I think it asks for it.
magsgma 07:35 PM 05-02-2011
Yes. I am guessing that is why it is the minute menu since that is a program that works with the USDA food program. I guess since my state isn't concerned enough to put it on their forms I shouldn't be concerned either.
Cat Herder 04:57 AM 05-03-2011
If you are with a food program, It is all about Govt. funding. The stats are how they determine how much you get paid per day.

If you are not with the food program it is sometimes used to help identify which child is which by EMS or Law Enforcement in the event of an emergency (you are incapacitated).

I have an Emergency "go file" with each child's paperwork. On the front of the files are a current photo of them. Problem solved, Civil Rights Info unnecessary.
jojosmommy 10:54 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I have an Emergency "go file" with each child's paperwork. On the front of the files are a current photo of them. Problem solved, Civil Rights Info unnecessary.
I like this idea! I think I might try this!!
Tags:civil rights, food program, minute menu kids
Reply Up