Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fencing Ideas For Wisconsin
Countrygal 08:22 PM 08-29-2011
Hi all! I'm new here and was wondering if there is anyone on here from Wisconsin. I am just setting up to be Certified and they want fencing. In WI I can only watch 3 non-related kids - somehow 1,000+ of fencing just doesn't seem appropriate. I brought up snow fence, but the case worker said she didn't think it would be acceptable. Are there any other cost-effective means to fence an area for outdoor activities? I'm not getting a whole lot of help from the caseworker (certifier) and would love some ideas. I also brought up woven wire and she said she didn't think that would be acceptable, either. I've seen snow fence used in playgrounds and woven wire used at huge daycares, but it's not good enough on my 3 acres of play area which is several hundred yards off the road. :P Needless to say I am becoming frustrated, to put it mildly. Am hoping you all will have some suggestions for me!
Michael 02:30 AM 08-30-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
laundrymom 04:24 AM 08-30-2011
Maybe fencing a portion? Like a 30x30 area?
mac60 05:46 AM 08-30-2011
I would suggest fencing a portion as mentioned with some activities inside the area.

This is a very affordable option. http://www.harrisonfence.net/ranch_fences.php

There are ways to make a fenced in area very reasonable, as long as you have a handyman/woman available.

Other ideas....depending on the height needed, the plastice 2' x 8' lattice panels could work, also come in 4' x 8' sections.

Here are a few more pics: http://www.google.com/images?q=pictu...ult_group&sa=X
mismatchedsocks 06:15 AM 08-30-2011
I am from Wisconsin, and have seen many daycares in my area ( people who rent and even a center down the road ) put up the snow fencing. Just make sure it is tight, no gaps and 4 feet high. They dont like lattice because they say its too flimsy??
mac60 01:55 PM 08-30-2011
When using lattice as a fencing, you do need to make a type of frame to attach it to, with a center cross support, and it becomes quite sturdy.
mismatchedsocks 02:13 PM 08-30-2011
mac60, I needed a part of my yard to have a fence, bought and put up lattace (4feet high by about 4feet wide) and there was already a fence frame there, my licenser told me it was too flimsy?? But yet they ok snow fence?? I think it really depends on the licenser or if you fight it after they cite you.
mac60 04:00 PM 08-30-2011
I know what you mean the snow fence being flimsy. We have a chain link fence. It has been up for 20 years. Best $750 I ever spent. I do think the ranch style fence with a vinyl/metal mesh fence over it works great and looks nice and is not overly priced. A do it yourselfer project.
Tags:fencing, wisconsin
Reply Up