Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Last Monday
MamaBear 08:18 AM 03-19-2012
This is my LAST Monday of doing daycare! My very last day is this Friday. I gave the families 4 weeks notice, but with Spring Break starting next week here, it ended up being this Friday as the last day. I'm so excited!

I swear this must be the grand finale Monday of doing daycare though, because its pouring rain and I gotta walk my son's to school with the wagon & daycare kids soon. It hasn't rained during my drop off times in awhile... and then today ~ it rains. haha
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
This is my LAST Monday of doing daycare! My very last day is this Friday. I gave the families 4 weeks notice, but with Spring Break starting next week here, it ended up being this Friday as the last day. I'm so excited!

I swear this must be the grand finale Monday of doing daycare though, because its pouring rain and I gotta walk my son's to school with the wagon & daycare kids soon. It hasn't rained during my drop off times in awhile... and then today ~ it rains. haha
It is probably the daycare gods telling you that you made the right decision!! You know, kind of like when you have a hair appt and your hair has a great day right before the appt that makes you second guess having the appt.....

The daycare gods just want to make sure you know EXACTLY why you wanted to go in another direction! LOL!!

Happy last Monday!!!
greenhouse 09:08 AM 03-19-2012
This is my last Monday as well!! I'm hoping for a smooth week. I feel major relief already and I can't wait until friday.
MamaBear 09:27 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It is probably the daycare gods telling you that you made the right decision!! You know, kind of like when you have a hair appt and your hair has a great day right before the appt that makes you second guess having the appt.....

The daycare gods just want to make sure you know EXACTLY why you wanted to go in another direction! LOL!!

Happy last Monday!!!
HaHaHa That is exactly what I was thinking this morning. And yeah ~ whats up with that hair thing. Mine does that EVERY time! Too funny

Thank you!
SunshineMama 09:28 AM 03-19-2012
congrats!

My monday will come someday....
MamaBear 09:28 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
This is my last Monday as well!! I'm hoping for a smooth week. I feel major relief already and I can't wait until friday.
Yeah hoo Greenhouse I feel the same way. I was very ready to end my daycare career. So ready for a fresh start. I'll say a cheers to you on Friday at closing time!
Country Kids 10:02 AM 03-19-2012
Are you both going on to new careers are just taking some time to decompress?

Good luck to both of you on your new journey!
greenhouse 10:03 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Yeah hoo Greenhouse I feel the same way. I was very ready to end my daycare career. So ready for a fresh start. I'll say a cheers to you on Friday at closing time!
I only lasted a year and only had one family LOL! It's just not for me...I honestly don't have a clue how you ladies do it for years with a bunch of little ones. There must be magic powers involved. I used to manage a big staff of adults and I was great at it, but 2 toddlers, holy cow- no way!!! I sprouted a patch of gray hairs this year. I'm doing eBay and getting my gardens turbo charged to feed our family for the whole year. We'll get by.
MamaBear 10:23 AM 03-19-2012
Thank you Country Kids
I was doing daycare for 6 years... It was just my time to stop. I didn't have that "daycare glow" anymore! lol I'm going to take a month or so to decompress and then off to my next venture. I'm starting my own business at home so I'm looking forward to that. I'm mostly excited that I will be able to jump in my car during the day and actually leave! lol
Reply Up