Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Son Is The Wild One!
slorey 10:35 AM 09-30-2013
Took my ds, age 2.5 to a birthday party this past weekend at a bouncy bounce place. He was shoving ahead in line, not waiting his turn, pushing in front of people playing games and trying to play their game for them, etc. He wasn't doing it to be mean, just has never been in a situation like that where he had to wait his turn. Discovered I have a lot of work to do with this one!b
The most mortifying moment for me was when he picked up the big number 3 candle off the table and took a bite out of it! I'm not sure if he thought it was candy or what. The gross thing is that it was the part of the candle that was down in the cake and some of the kids had already licked the frosting off it Not good for a germophobe like me! Ok, I am not really a germophobe, necessarily, but do not like my kids sharing like that with other people, especially ones I do not know!
Now ds wakes up this morning with the beginnings of a cold. Coincidence? I think not!
BBDC 10:45 AM 09-30-2013
I have to admit my son is the wild one too! I always say when he goes to school daycare will be soo much easier lol!
slorey 11:25 AM 09-30-2013
The funny thing is he is usually pretty good for me here. I guess I need to take him out in public and teach him how to act in places like that! I think he must have been overexcited with everything going on that it wound him up. I just felt like the mom everyone thinks bad things about because her son is the terror! To be fair to him, he was the youngest one at the party. The other kids were from the birthday girl's preschool class and my son isn't old enough for preschool until next September. I still don't know what he was thinking when he tried to eat the candle though!
Josiegirl 04:47 PM 09-30-2013
My little 2 1/2 yo dcg sounds so much like that. Well except for the eating candle part. If I had a nickel for every time I say to her 'just because we want something doesn't mean we can take it away from other kids' I could quit my job.
It's just a stage.
Reply Up