Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NYS Providers
Play Care 11:04 AM 03-21-2016
I am wondering if you are able to use minute menu to submit your monthly menus to the Food Program? If so, how does it work? Do you like it better than the paper menus?
daycarediva 11:33 AM 03-21-2016
I can't use minute menu. I am with CACFP, and they FINALLY agreed to let us email the forms (we have a PDF document that is a copy of the paper forms).
Play Care 11:55 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I can't use minute menu. I am with CACFP, and they FINALLY agreed to let us email the forms (we have a PDF document that is a copy of the paper forms).
This is what our FP said. But I just looked at the other FP in my area and they support minute menu and allow online submission
I'm going to call tomorrow for more information.
Play Care 11:58 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by :
All licensed, registered, and legally exempt child care providers are eligible to participate in CACFP. Food Program participants will provide meals and snacks which meet USDA guidelines to all the children in their child care and participants will keep daily menu and attendance records. Participants can do all record keeping on-line using Minute Menu. At the end of each month participants will submit these records to the food program. Participants will also attend 1 free nutrition training each year
Taken from their site.
snbauser 12:30 PM 03-21-2016
I'm not in NY but I am able to submit my meals using MMK online. Now if they could just get it so they could direct deposit our cheks that would be awesome.
Sunshine74 10:26 PM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I didn't even know there was another choice besides CACFP. Maybe there isn't for centers?

But to answer the original question, I only use paper right now. I know there is an online option, but I'm afraid it is going to be so much more work.
Play Care 03:04 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I didn't even know there was another choice besides CACFP. Maybe there isn't for centers?

But to answer the original question, I only use paper right now. I know there is an online option, but I'm afraid it is going to be so much more work.
I thought CACFP was the name of the federal food program.
I believe the choice is in what agency you use to oversee your participation in the program. I live in a rural area, and there is one agency near me (35 minutes away) The other agency is near Albany and is 50 minute drive away.
daycarediva 03:43 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I thought CACFP was the name of the federal food program.
I believe the choice is in what agency you use to oversee your participation in the program. I live in a rural area, and there is one agency near me (35 minutes away) The other agency is near Albany and is 50 minute drive away.
How do you find out about different agencies? Do you have to take trainings in that area?

I would be interested in switching as my new food program rep is nuts.
melskids 03:59 AM 03-22-2016
I'm in NY and we use Minute Menu in Otsego County.
Play Care 04:42 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by melskids:
I'm in NY and we use Minute Menu in Otsego County.
I have relatives who live in Otsego county, it's so gorgeous that way!
melskids 05:22 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have relatives who live in Otsego county, it's so gorgeous that way!
It's definitely in the middle of nowhere! But yes, it's beautiful...especially in the fall.
Jazzii 05:17 PM 03-27-2016
We're in orange county n prticipte in the too program through cacfp and use minute menus
Tags:food program - new york, minute menu, minute menu - food program
Reply Up