Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toys
BentleysBands 02:58 AM 01-20-2011
I have heard some of you say toys with no batteries.......so what exactly do you have? Other than blocks, legos, lil. People, cars and the like? Oh and kitchen center? What's some good old school stuff?

I personally have tons of no battery toys and dramatic, manipulation toys

Thought it would be cool to see what everyone else has
Cat Herder 03:48 AM 01-20-2011
Back to basics!!!!

Literally

http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/default.aspx
daysofelijah 04:13 AM 01-20-2011
Kitchen/store area, Dr. Kit, tool area, baby doll area, blocks, Legos w/ table, book area, matchbox cars, train track set. That's about it other than a few misc. little people and Happy Meal type toys. I don't think I have anything battery operated.
The kitchen, cash register, and some of the tools originally took batteries, but I don't ever replace them once they run out.
SunflowerMama 04:44 AM 01-20-2011
Wooden kitchen with lots of food, pots/pans, used food boxes, egg cartons, etc.
Mega Blocks
wooden blocks
wooden and cardboard puzzles
large soft blocks (big enough to make bridges, houses, etc.)
Ryan's room dolls and house set
Melissa and Doug fold and go dollhouse (everyone LOVES this...boys and girls)
lots of dress up
lots of books
Melissa and doug wooden train with all these colorful shape blocks that go on it
3 tier stacking toy with different shape wooden pieces
2 peg and hammer toys
2 Large Magna Doodle boards
few board games
wooden train track set and 5 magnetic trains (from Ikea)
about 20 little people and 2 castles
small box of instruments (Melissa and Doug set)
set of animal puppets
4 baby dolls and clothes, blankets, bed, and cloth diapers
tons of craft supples (beading, lacing, paint, dot paint, crayons, markers, pencils, etc.)

I think that's about it and these aren't all out at the same time. Few stay out all the time but rest are rotated.
My Lil' Monkeys 04:47 AM 01-20-2011
We have tents, ball pits, tunnels, books, Mr. Potato Heads with lots of pieces, magnetic doodles, dolls, kitchen, tools set, doctor set, wooden trains, hot wheels, lots of craft supplies, games (Candy Land, Yahtzee, Memory), shape sorters, shopping carts. Seems like my kids LOVE the Wheelies Ramp and Cars from Fisher Price... I do have toys with batteries but like someone else posted once they run out I don't replace.

Maybe Craigslist for somethings?

I'm picking these up this weekend... for $10 seems like a great price for a ton of blocks for my kids to play with.
http://annarbor.craigslist.org/tag/2168966095.html
nannyde 05:01 AM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by katiez01:
We have tents, ball pits, tunnels, books, Mr. Potato Heads with lots of pieces, magnetic doodles, dolls, kitchen, tools set, doctor set, wooden trains, hot wheels, lots of craft supplies, games (Candy Land, Yahtzee, Memory), shape sorters, shopping carts. Seems like my kids LOVE the Wheelies Ramp and Cars from Fisher Price... I do have toys with batteries but like someone else posted once they run out I don't replace.

I'm picking these up this weekend... for $10 seems like a great price for a ton of blocks for my kids to play with.
AWESOME price. I love these and have a shelf floor to ceiling for them. I separate the little ones for the big kids and the big ones for the little kids.

GREAT deal... if they are in nice condition. The time it takes to put them together new is worth THAT money.

Can I have them?
Little People 05:05 AM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
AWESOME price. I love these and have a shelf floor to ceiling for them. I separate the little ones for the big kids and the big ones for the little kids.

GREAT deal... if they are in nice condition. The time it takes to put them together new is worth THAT money.

Can I have them?
I have seen these a couple times on CL too, but I thought that they would not hold up. I know my kiddo's would love them! So they do hold up good?
SandeeAR 05:41 AM 01-20-2011
My daughters loved those growing up! I wish I had room for them in my daycare. Play area is my den and it is small.
Blackcat31 05:45 AM 01-20-2011
Those blocks are awesome but my kids keep taking them apart like they might have something inside and are just the packaging.
Been through a few sets already but they are great so I keep buying more.
MARSTELAC 05:50 AM 01-20-2011
We have those blocks! They are my favorite thing here even tho they take up space! We had them donated from a non-daycare family who had them in their home for about 18 years! All of the kids at my daycare love to play with them!!!!!
My Lil' Monkeys 05:51 AM 01-20-2011

Can I have them?
LOL!! I didn't know if it was a good price and the lady said they are in excellent condition and from a smoke free home Now, I can't wait to pick them up!!
Crystal 05:57 AM 01-20-2011
wood blocks
mega blocks
duplos
legos
block accessories: people, animals, vehicles, large pieces of bark, rocks, etc.
pattern blocks
unifix cubes
wood dollhouse and accessories
wood puzzles
floor puzzles
life and physical science materials: magnets, magnifying glasses, specimens, tornado tube, discovery bottles, ANIMALS: frog, turtle, fish, snake, newts
TONS of open ended art materials
dress up
dolls and clothes
kitchen and accessories
light table and accessories
Lots of writing materials/supplies
matching/sorting/classifying games and activities
magnetic board and letters/numbers
BOOKS
MUSIC: instruments and recorded music
cash register and props for :store, restaraunt, farmer's market, etc.

alphabet bingo, shape and color bingo, and board games
Crystal 05:58 AM 01-20-2011

sweet deal. I had them for a long time, but got very tired of the space they took up. I threw out about 200 of them last summer. I should have sold them!!!!
MarinaVanessa 06:44 AM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I have seen these a couple times on CL too, but I thought that they would not hold up. I know my kiddo's would love them! So they do hold up good?
You know just as a thought, if you think your DC kiddos will demolish the cardboard blocks you can always get shipping boxes from the USPS. I sometimes get the shoebox size ones with the built-in sticky strip so it takes me about less than 10 minutes to put them together and then the kiddos get to paint them however they want. These last for a couple of weeks and then when they start to get flimsy, in the recycle they go. It's free and if you order them online they'll even drop them off at your home.

I do this a couple of times a year and get them in different sizes and the kids LOVE building with them. Obviously their not as pretty or neat looking as the original ones but the idea is the same and my DCK's don't seem to care.
SilverSabre25 06:47 AM 01-20-2011
Pretty much what others said. LOTS of Little People (okay, some of these have batteries...), wooden blocks, duplos and mega blocks, plastic animals with wooden barn, cars and trucks, a road rug, trains and train trank, Peek-a-Block/Balls with droppy things (a giraffe and an unidentified critter), BIG yellow tonka truck, grocery cart, play kitchen and accessories, dolls and accessories, piano and drums and other instruments, climby slidey thing, puzzles, books, doctor stuff, dress up stuff, letter blocks, shape sorters...

oh yeah, art stuff, playdough and tools, magnadoodle, bags to put things in, stuffed animals, lincoln logs (although these don't come out to be played with yet) and assorted baby toys.
SandeeAR 07:06 AM 01-20-2011
LOL!! I didn't know if it was a good price and the lady said they are in excellent condition and from a smoke free home Now, I can't wait to pick them up!!
I priced them recently. A box of 35, I think, was $40.
lvt77 08:20 AM 01-20-2011
I am in CA and I have found that Ross, Marshalls, and tjmax have a lot of learning puzzles, games, melissa and doug items, and other fun learning stuff.

My group uses a lot of recycled items from home.
The little ones love to take plastic jars and match up the lids, open and close the boxes of empty cereal and fill egg cartons with soft golf balls (can purchase from sporting good store)

We also use the big 32 oz yogurt containers with lids and stack them as high as we can.... They all cost me nothing... at the beginning of each quater I ask the parents to donate these items...
jen 08:27 AM 01-20-2011

Can I have them?
My kids LOVE these...all ages, every stage, they are the best and they do hold up well.
Tags:toys, toys no batteries
Reply Up