Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MMK And Tracking Sick/Personal/Vacation Days
DancingQueen 04:04 AM 04-11-2011
Is there something in MMK that will allow me to plug in days that I've used as my personal, vacation and sick days for MYSELF and not the children so that I can easily track how many of each I've used and have left?

If not - how do you track it? I tend to forget to write this stuff down and I really have to get better at it.
Unregistered 06:49 AM 04-11-2011
Go to the calendar portion of it-under lesson planner. It lets you put in all sorts of things-holidays, special events, etc. Everyday I go in, put the amount of hours I worked, then amount of cleaning, paperwork, etc. and then on Saturday I tally the amounts and enter. Then the last day of the month I tally for the month and at then end of the year its all on there to just add up. So if you want a personal day, sick day or whatever just mark it on the calendar! Its so easy and I'm not computor savy so when I find something easy on the computor I'm very excited about it.
Michael 12:25 PM 04-11-2011
Pushing this thread back up.
SilverSabre25 12:30 PM 04-11-2011
OOoo this was a great question! I'd been trying to figure out a good way track those things, for myself as well as the dcks! Unregistered, thanks for the helpful answer!!!
Unregistered 02:38 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
OOoo this was a great question! I'd been trying to figure out a good way track those things, for myself as well as the dcks! Unregistered, thanks for the helpful answer!!!
You are very welcome!!!!! I am registered by can never get it to come up as a registered user. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Also I can't figure out how to ask questions here, if anyone could answer that also it would be welcomed! Thank you for such a great site!
Michael 02:44 PM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You are very welcome!!!!! I am registered by can never get it to come up as a registered user. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Also I can't figure out how to ask questions here, if anyone could answer that also it would be welcomed! Thank you for such a great site!
Would you write me at director@daycare.com and put Daycare.com Forum in the Subject line?

Update: I did and IP lookup and you are "Country Kids". This happens sometimes and I changed your password. I sent it to your email address on file.
Country Kids 03:30 PM 04-11-2011
Thank you! I feel very official now ! Anyway, one thing I wish I could figure out on MMK is how to keep track of childrens sick days. I charge even if they aren't here but it would be nice to have a way to put that day in when you are doing the attendance part. I can't keep track of everyone's sick days and I really don't want to put more things on my calendar because I try and use that for my personal/work things-days off, work hours, cleaning,etc. Anyone have any suggestions?
Abigail 09:33 PM 04-11-2011
Doesn't MMK have a place for attendance itself?
Country Kids 05:48 AM 04-12-2011
Yes, it does but it doesn't have a place as far as I can see to tell if the child was sick or not. I would like to be able to document it so that if parents question a bill or not I could say your child was sick, spring break, whatever. I would like to just be able to make a note of why the child wasn't in attendance or if they may have left early for a reason
SilverSabre25 05:50 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Yes, it does but it doesn't have a place as far as I can see to tell if the child was sick or not. I would like to be able to document it so that if parents question a bill or not I could say your child was sick, spring break, whatever. I would like to just be able to make a note of why the child wasn't in attendance or if they may have left early for a reason
How about using the "Claim Notes" section? It's not very pretty (won't keep things on separate lines, which annoys me) but it would get the job done.
Country Kids 07:09 AM 04-12-2011
Where is that section? Let me know and I will go and check it out. Thanks! I love how everyone is so helpful on this sight.
SilverSabre25 08:00 AM 04-12-2011
When you're in the attendance section, it's one of the tabs--there's hours, meals, claim notes, and something else.
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
On the billing part there is an area for notes also...when you are creating the bill you can make a note saying the child was absent but the parent is still charged and when you print off the billing the parent can see what ever info you put in that note area.... (I print two copies and keep one in the child's folder until the end of the year.)
Mike Lassiter 10:35 AM 04-12-2011
hello everyone,

I just registered after a few days of looking at all the messages here. No daycare yet but working on it. I have searched here for "MMK" and got "no results" which is odd seeing that I have saw it mentioned more than once in threads.
I am guessing it is a software program, but goggle didn't really help me find anything. Please advise about it, and also would someone help me understand the accronyms I see used so much here. I think I reasoned out several of them "OP" is one I haven't figured out amoung others.

thanks,
Mike
Tags:mmk
Reply Up