Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Jeans Policy
busymommy0420 02:28 PM 02-01-2012
Can I put a NO Jeans Policy in my handbook for toddlers? My one DCG age 2 keeps coming in skinny jeans that are so tight she can't climb, crawl or even run comfortably. My daughters who are also two wear comfortable pants EVERY DAY! Ugghhh I think I am going to just lend her a pair of pants each day and squeeze her into her designer skinny jeans at 5pm, what do you think? {And I am potty training her...yeah that doesn't really work}
CrayolaKids 02:39 PM 02-01-2012
When I have toddlers come in clothes that are too tight or clearly uncomfortable, I change them right away and tell mom or dad at pick up that they were too tight/small on her to play comfortably. Usually they just laugh and say "oh yea, I need to go through their clothes"..yea ok...cuz you didn't realize they were too tight when you put them on this morning?!
SilverSabre25 02:41 PM 02-01-2012
You could make a policy that "clothing must be comfortable and easy for the child to manage on her own so that we can play and learn with ease!"

And perhaps buy a bunch of cheap sweatpants in a variety of sizes to keep at your house in case the clothing policy is violated.

Or you could word it,

"As we are continually working to teach children independence, we require that all clothing worn to daycare be easy to manage by both children and provider. Comfort over cute, please!"
greenhouse 02:43 PM 02-01-2012
I like jeans for outdoor dirty play. The fabric is durable and can save a skinned knee, it sounds like its the style dcp have choosen? Skinny jeans- no way! Ridiculous. You have every right to make a dress code for play.
countrymom 02:57 PM 02-01-2012
if only I can wear a pair of skinny jeans
Meyou 01:26 AM 02-02-2012
Baby skinny jeans are the dumbest things ever invented.

I would ask for clothing that is easy to get on and off. Mama might not even realize the problems the jeans cause.
AnneCordelia 03:25 AM 02-02-2012
I have an 18mo DCG who comes in skinny jeans all the time. It is very very difficult. Yesterday she peed through her skinny jeans and her spare pair of pants was 12mo!! She's 33lbs! No way is she going to fit into 12mo skinny jeans.

Until recently I had a 3yo boy whose mom put him in skinny jeans. It was a nightmare for pottying and I mentioned it every single time. Frustrating!

Wouldn't be so bad if these pants had elasti waistbands instead of button and fly closures.
Springdaze 09:40 AM 02-02-2012
i wish parents would be parents so we didnt have to be
busymommy0420 07:19 PM 02-02-2012
Thank you all, glad I am not alone. I posted on my personal Facebook page that comfortable clothes must be worn and a spare provided. I explained the things we do and made it a fun post for the parents! Here's hoping they follow through!

cheerfuldom 07:47 PM 02-02-2012
I agree, its crazy. One of my DCGs wears the tightest, tiniest clothes. She is an only child whose parents can afford clothes that fit. I don't know what the deal is. I change her diaper and she has awful marks on her body, surely the parents notice this when they changer her? Thank goodness the season is about to change and they will get her spring clothes shortly.
Lilbutterflie 03:18 PM 02-13-2012
I have a DCG, 8 months; who consistently comes in jeans... most often SKINNY jeans. Almost makes changing diapers impossible; not to mention she is trying to get up on all fours to start crawling soon; but can't bend that way b/c her skinny jeans are too tight!
I HATE BABY SKINNY JEANS!!!

I haven't really made a big deal about it yet; b/c we already have butt heads about other things. But today I changed her immediately to her back up clothes and I will tell mom that the skinny jeans are keeping her from learning to crawl and playing comfortably. Not to mention I had to loan her a backup jacket b/c mom brought her a very light sweatshirt and with the wind chill it didn't make it out of the 30's.
daycare 03:24 PM 02-13-2012
I allow jeans as long as they have an elastic waist band at the top..

YOur daycare, your rules...As long as the parents sign to it, you can do as you please.....
Tags:apparel, clothing - issues, jeans
Reply Up