Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hit And Run Breading!
PitterPatter 07:47 AM 02-29-2012
As you may know I have a DCM who likes to arrive early and make me rush and blow the horn (the kids do it not her ) Well today I had enough of the horn that started again yesterday so instead of waiting and breaking up my stale bread and tossing it in the yard for the birds like I do every day, I decided to wad up a slice into a bread ball and throw it at her honking car! Yes I have snapped no I don't care!

It hit the hood and rolled off. I then close my door. Immature I know but I am fed up with the nonsense. DCM comes in 5 mins later and asks what that was all about. I told her I had enough of the horn honking and rushing me. Again it's the kids... "WELL control the kids!" I went on to do some complaining myself instead of letting her do her routine complaining of how the world owes her a living. I told her I am very busy trying to get my own child off to school and trying to stop a leak coming through both floors from this storm and I don't like hearing honking in the process reminding me I have kids arriving earlier than they should and waiting for me to open the door! Her reply... "That's nothing I have a slow leak in my tire"

I about tore my own face off!! I did the palm to face to keep from blurting out a vent! Then I calmly told her that I think a leaky roof causing damage on 2 floors and new carpet is a little worse than a slow leak in a tire! She said "well that's not what I meant". "Well that's what you said so have a good day and good luck with your tire" You wacth I will have another guilt trip tom morning telling me they cant pay me because they have to get a new tire. (they have done it before using the kids lives to guilt me)

Thank God I don't throw baseballs in the morning

Now off to find someone to replace the tiles blown off of my roof. Hope everyone else has a good day!
cheerfuldom 07:50 AM 02-29-2012
omg! Laughing hysterically even though that was so inappropriate
itlw8 07:51 AM 02-29-2012
How do children strapped in car seats honk the horn?

Hope your day gets better
KDC 08:08 AM 02-29-2012
After you did it, I'm sure some part of you replayed it in your head and had a good chuckle This is something I will NEVER in my life have enough gall to do. It wasn't right, but it's damn funny.

Sorry about your floors, I've had floating carpet before and it's so not funny. Hope your day gets better =)
countrymom 08:33 AM 02-29-2012
now thats funny!!
laundrymom 10:16 AM 02-29-2012
Choking on manderine orange. Lolol. Oh wow! To have been sitting in her car when the bread hit! Lolol. Toooo funny!!!!!!
JennyBear 10:22 AM 02-29-2012
LOL!!! So funny! reading this absolutely made my day! (even though it was out of line)

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this...it's horrible and this kind of morning sets off for a bad day. I'm also sorry that you're having the leaking problem in the house
Hopefully DCM got the point though! hehe
wdmmom 10:39 AM 02-29-2012
Hilarious!!!

I would have a paper waiting for her when she picks up. Not only would it read that they are now being placed on a 30 day probation but to stay the heck off your property until youare officially opened! Invest in a sign, turn on an outside light, etc.
MrsB 10:57 AM 02-29-2012
That is hilarious! Im not sure I have ever been pushed to that point before. My husband has though! LOL.
PitterPatter 11:02 AM 02-29-2012
Yes I know it was very inapropriate and I would never have thought I would do such a thing, especially to a client. I feel bad throwing the bread now, hindsight u know... I just had enough of DCM and her truck loads of BS over the past year pushing me. Today was the icing as I ran around cleaning up water, rushing my child and listeing to honks.

It was honk honk honk honk, in little burts of 4. Then again honk honk honk honk... (4 more) about the 5th set of honks I ripped the door open and whized the bread out! It was like, honk honk honk... "thud" ... then silence as they all leaned to see what hit the hood and was now rolling off! Sorry Lord forgive me for finding this amusing but if this is what it takes to keep my sanity and make her stop then so be it.

Thanks for all the support ladies. I will have my roof fixed tomorrow all is calm now. Have a great day
Sugar Magnolia 11:21 AM 02-29-2012
You had me laughing just from the title of your post. Hit and run breading. I was eager to see if it was really breading you were posting about, or hit and run breeding. Lol!
Meeko 11:23 AM 02-29-2012
You are my hero and have made my day!
Sugar Magnolia 11:25 AM 02-29-2012
Oh I wanted to add... Do your neighbors enjoy the honking as much as you do? I would pay the neighbors a visit and ask them to open their door and yell ast the honker too. How incredibly rude. Good luck with roof.
karen 11:25 AM 02-29-2012
Falling out of chair that is great wish I could have been there to see that! Sorry about your roof glad all is well.
MyAngels 11:26 AM 02-29-2012
Oh my gosh , that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time .
saved4always 11:27 AM 02-29-2012
That was very funny ...I know it was not appropriate for you to do, but sometimes certain people cannot be handled with professionalism. They just don't get it.

When I started reading your post, I thought you were going to say that you threw the bread on her car and all the birds swarmed to get it. I was picturing her car full of birds like in that old movie, "The Birds".
Countrygal 11:42 AM 02-29-2012
ROFLMHO!!!

I wish I COULD vent like that sometimes!
itlw8 01:02 PM 02-29-2012
isn't she lucky it was not peanut butter LOL
Kaddidle Care 01:18 PM 02-29-2012
hehe! What's tomorrow's treat? I vote for a bucket of brown, paint water.
daycare 01:22 PM 02-29-2012
When I was a kid there was this show on tv if you said a certain word a man would crack an egg on your head...

Honk the horn and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lol

I told my husband about this and he told me see and you thought that you used to have some disrespectful paretns.......lol
Christian Mother 01:31 PM 02-29-2012
To funny,...I am totally laughing over here!!

On the hinds side...I would of called the police...told them there was a disturbance in the neighborhood of a car continually honking...give them your address and see if the cop will get out and say something then come out to the car and cop and say Oh that was you...thank the officer bc by that time hopefully he'd given her a talking to and then you can say listen unless you want to get written up for disturbing the peace I'd recommend not honking the horn anymore. Next time it can be a fine of of $$____.
CheekyChick 01:35 PM 02-29-2012
That is HILARIOUS!!! I would never do something like that, but a little bread on her car didn't hurt anything and it sure makes for a funny story.
PitterPatter 03:54 PM 02-29-2012
I told my Mother what I did and first she gasped and then yelled at me "Sabrina I raised you better than that!"

Then after she recalled ALL of the BS DCM has put me through including her recent dropping daycare without notice, then staying in daycare without notice again. Mom said sometimes people drop things when riding a rollercoaster and DCM sure put me on a loopy one so when the bread flew it was her own fault.

I wish I could keep my cool and tell DCM off in a professional manner. Kinda like Julia Sugarbaker on Designing Women. Boy she could really put a person in their place and never lose her tone or say an off word, the whole time keeping a calm face! Anyone remember that show?

Yes it was very funny but so out of character for me. Just when I start to laugh I stop and think shame on me! I promise I will behave from now on ladies. No more snapping, the crazy is cured.
emmajo 04:13 PM 02-29-2012
Aw no, don't cure the crazy!
daycare 04:15 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
I told my Mother what I did and first she gasped and then yelled at me "Sabrina I raised you better than that!"

Then after she recalled ALL of the BS DCM has put me through including her recent dropping daycare without notice, then staying in daycare without notice again. Mom said sometimes people drop things when riding a rollercoaster and DCM sure put me on a loopy one so when the bread flew it was her own fault.

I wish I could keep my cool and tell DCM off in a professional manner. Kinda like Julia Sugarbaker on Designing Women. Boy she could really put a person in their place and never lose her tone or say an off word, the whole time keeping a calm face! Anyone remember that show?

Yes it was very funny but so out of character for me. Just when I start to laugh I stop and think shame on me! I promise I will behave from now on ladies. No more snapping, the crazy is cured.
lol...youre not crazy youre a daycare provider.........
Country Kids 04:46 PM 02-29-2012
I Loved Designing Women! I actually have a friend who moved to Atlanta and opened a beauty shop and called it "Designing Women". I ned to netflix and see if they have them on their! My daughter and I would love those. My daughter who is in high school loves Golden Girls and received two seasons for Christmas. Right now I'm hooked on Murder She Wrote on Netflix.
familyschoolcare 05:23 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by kaddidle care:
hehe! What's tomorrow's treat? I vote for a bucket of brown, paint water.
lol
countrymom 06:44 PM 02-29-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I Loved Designing Women! I actually have a friend who moved to Atlanta and opened a beauty shop and called it "Designing Women". I ned to netflix and see if they have them on their! My daughter and I would love those. My daughter who is in high school loves Golden Girls and received two seasons for Christmas. Right now I'm hooked on Murder She Wrote on Netflix.
me and my kids love golden girls, we've been watch ghost whisperer and 21 jump street.
countrymom 06:46 PM 02-29-2012
wait how about some "chocolate pie" from the movie "the help"
Beach Baby 08:04 PM 02-29-2012
OMG I can't stop laughing! I have snapped like that so many times...in my head! Never had the nerve to actually do it. I love it. Yes, it was inappropriate, but so is honking like a crazy lady early in the morning. Allowing your kids to do it is even worse! I'm curious to see if "the kids" honk tomorrow morning!
Country Kids 08:21 PM 02-29-2012
My husband and daughter both looked at me with very blank stares when I was telling them this story. I think they are wondering if we have all gone off the deep end. I kept saying "Can't you picture this?"

I guess you just have to be in this biz to understand our stories.
Beach Baby 08:28 PM 02-29-2012
Exactly! I was laughing SO loud and couldn't stop! My husband didn't seem to find it nearly as amusing as I did. I had to stop myself from picturing it any more because every time I do, I just can't control my laughter! This is just too funny to me!
Oneluckymom 09:21 PM 02-29-2012
HAHAHAHA!!! What a perfect ending to my day!!!

WOW, I wish I had the guts to do that. Seriously, I'm working on toughening my back bone. Classic!!!
Zoe 09:41 PM 02-29-2012
Wow. That's hilarious! Please please please tell us if she honks the horn again tomorrow!
My3cents 05:25 AM 03-01-2012
As you may know I have a DCM who likes to arrive early and make me rush and blow the horn (the kids do it not her ) Well today I had enough of the horn that started again yesterday so instead of waiting and breaking up my stale bread and tossing it in the yard for the birds like I do every day, I decided to wad up a slice into a bread ball and throw it at her honking car! Yes I have snapped no I don't care!

It hit the hood and rolled off. I then close my door. Immature I know but I am fed up with the nonsense. DCM comes in 5 mins later and asks what that was all about. I told her I had enough of the horn honking and rushing me. Again it's the kids... "WELL control the kids!" I went on to do some complaining myself instead of letting her do her routine complaining of how the world owes her a living. I told her I am very busy trying to get my own child off to school and trying to stop a leak coming through both floors from this storm and I don't like hearing honking in the process reminding me I have kids arriving earlier than they should and waiting for me to open the door! Her reply... "That's nothing I have a slow leak in my tire"

I about tore my own face off!! I did the palm to face to keep from blurting out a vent! Then I calmly told her that I think a leaky roof causing damage on 2 floors and new carpet is a little worse than a slow leak in a tire! She said "well that's not what I meant". "Well that's what you said so have a good day and good luck with your tire" You wacth I will have another guilt trip tom morning telling me they cant pay me because they have to get a new tire. (they have done it before using the kids lives to guilt me)

Thank God I don't throw baseballs in the morning

Now off to find someone to replace the tiles blown off of my roof. Hope everyone else has a good day!
I think you should have just gone out to her, stood at the car until she rolls down the window and told her to stop honking her horn, that your going to have neighbors complaining and it is personally driving you nuts. Tell her what time you open and that she can not sit in your driveway and wait anymore. It's disruptive to your family. IF she continues to do this in the future you will be giving her a written notice to be done.

I would never put out my personal struggles to my clients. It's not their business and I don't want to hear about theirs especially when it becomes a weapon of paying me. Non- negotiable. Doesn't mean I don't care- We all have struggles. I am not going to make someone else feel bad because my ceiling is leaking. I am going to put a stop to them annoying me with disrespect.

This women runs you, doesn't take you seriously. Thinks the world revolves around her and her needs and is used to getting her own way. When you finally do terminate her, she won't think twice about it. She will brush it off as funny and maybe cry/run her mouth of how she was put out. When you threw the bread at her it didn't even phase her- need to be flat out blunt with her from now on and stop taking her crap.

All in all, maybe you handled this better then I would have, because knowing this has been an ongoing issue, I would have lost it with her after the third time and she would no longer be an issue that reaved me up to the point of throwing the birds food.
PitterPatter 12:03 PM 03-01-2012
A little bread goes a long way!

No honking today

When DCM came in I thanked her for not honking or allowing the kids to honk. She said no problem thanks for not bombing my car with bread.

Have a great day ladies I know I am!
daycare 12:07 PM 03-01-2012

No honking today

When DCM came in I thanked her for not honking or allowing the kids to honk. She said no problem thanks for not bombing my car with bread.

lol........................OMG that is toooooo funny..

the kids want to know why I am laughing right now..
Kaddidle Care 12:19 PM 03-01-2012

No honking today

hahahahahahaha!
Attached: LOLfist2.gif (14.0 KB) 
SunshineMama 12:26 PM 03-01-2012

No honking today

You are my hero!!!!
Lilbutterflie 12:27 PM 03-01-2012
Oh man, I wish I would've seen this post yesterday, it would've given me a much needed laugh on a rough day! That is too funny.
Zoe 12:33 PM 03-01-2012
Cool! Apparently hit and run breading is effective with this mom! Too bad it had to come to that, but you know what?! It got the job done.
Country Kids 02:01 PM 03-01-2012
I'm picturing all of us with baskets of hard rolls to throw out the door when parents aren't coroperating!

It so reminds me of the scene in "Mrs. Doubtfire" where Robin Williams throws the apple at Pierce ? (can't think of his last name) and claims it was a Drive by Fruiting by some kids.
PitterPatter 04:09 PM 03-01-2012
I'm picturing all of us with baskets of hard rolls to throw out the door when parents are coroperating!

It so reminds me of the scene in "Mrs. Doubtfire" where Robin Williams throws the apple at Pierce ? (can't think of his last name) and claims it was a Drive by Fruiting by some kids.
Brosnan! Yes exactly!!

I'm such a poo stir!
Zoe 04:13 PM 03-01-2012
BEST part of that movie! Drive by Fruiting!!!!!
Tags:immature, over it
Reply Up