Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Use....?
JennyBear 08:05 AM 05-29-2012
What do you use to wash the children's hands and faces? I started by using face clothes for each child but realized I need 5 per child and had some issues on where to keep them through the day. I then switched to baby wipes and find that I go through at least 36 wipes a day which gets costly. I'm just wondering what everyone else does/uses.
SunshineMama 08:14 AM 05-29-2012
I pick them up over the sink and have them wash their hands and faces, then I use 1 paper towel to dry their hands and get anything else off of their face.

For babies I use wet paper towels.
daycare 08:19 AM 05-29-2012
Originally Posted by JennyBear:
What do you use to wash the children's hands and faces? I started by using face clothes for each child but realized I need 5 per child and had some issues on where to keep them through the day. I then switched to baby wipes and find that I go through at least 36 wipes a day which gets costly. I'm just wondering what everyone else does/uses.
at the target dollar bins, I found 2 hand towels for a dollar. They are all different colors. I punched a hole in each one, added a ring and put each kids name on it. I have hooks in my bathroom and I use these every time they go to the bathroom. I never soak them all of hte way, I do it like the sunshinemama and hold them over the sink so that we can wash fash and hands and them have them use the towel to dry.

I wash them all at the end of the day with the rest of my cleaning towels...
Meyou 09:30 AM 05-29-2012
I cut up a tshirt into facecloth sized cloths. I have a bin if them in my kitchen with enough for a couple of days.
DaycareMama 09:58 AM 05-29-2012
I use baby wash clothes and store them in wipes containers. They fit perfectly folded in half. Each wipes case stores alot too! I keep one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom

Paper towels for bathroom hand drying
Willow 10:04 AM 05-29-2012
Paper towels. The Viva ones are soft, thick and come in the half sheet sizes. No extra laundry (woot! I have enough of that as it is!) no policing to make sure toddlers don't accidentally use someone elses, and they're disposable which cuts down on spreading germs and illness.

I keep two rolls in the bathroom, one at the sink for washing up and drying hands and faces and one up in my diaper cabinet to bleach changing pad, potty and sink in the event of use or just a mess in general.
CheekyChick 11:00 AM 05-29-2012
I use baby wipes for faces and wash their hands in the sink.
wdmmom 11:03 AM 05-29-2012
Wash clothes for each child. You can get a 20 pack at Walmart for about $4-$5.

I wash each child's hands and mouth after each meal and snack.
Unregistered 11:05 AM 05-29-2012
Wait! What? We're suppose to wipe their faces off too? LOL
It's not appropriate to just send them home with a whole days worth of grime on their face?
I'm only kidding!
I seriously asked a mom one morning when she dropped off her daughter with an overnight diaper,filthy feet and dirty face. "So Beth,what would you think if I sent your daughter home like this,filthy and with a diaper that looks like it hasn't been changed in 8 hours?'
Her response-"Well I would think you neglected her all day!"
I told her-"My point exactly!"Clean your kid geesh. Hasn't happened since.LOL
Sorry,I got off topic
WImom 11:06 AM 05-29-2012
I use baby wash cloths and just store them in a small container. Mine aren't wet until I need them and then they go in the laundry.
spud912 01:26 PM 05-29-2012
I hold them over the sink and wash their hands and face. I use paper towels to dry off.
MyAngels 03:05 PM 05-29-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Wash clothes for each child. You can get a 20 pack at Walmart for about $4-$5.

I wash each child's hands and mouth after each meal and snack.
This is what I do, too. I buy the white ones only so that at the end of the day I can just do one load with bleach so they always stay clean. I keep a small Rubbermaid bin in the kitchen and bathroom so they're always available.
jokalima 03:10 PM 05-29-2012
Wow, nice tips.

I use paper towel but I go through a lot, I am going to try the baby cloth and see, I am sure it will help with the $$ spending
Countrygal 06:12 PM 05-29-2012
I use washcloths and some washcloths I made myself by cutting up old flannel sheets.

I have one bin where they wash and another of spares. I wash them twice a week. Works great for me and much cheaper than paper towels!

I got the idea off of this forum!
Reply Up