Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's a good thing your doctor didn't write my illness policy!!!
Unregistered 11:34 AM 08-28-2014
Seriously what doctor says not to keep a kid home from school/ daycare unless they have a fever and diarrhea 8 times in an 8hour period? Sorry you have diarrhea you go home and stay home until free of it for 24hours.

He's had diarrhea for 3 day's but only 2 or 3 times a day sorry not coming back to daycare until he is diarrhea free PERIOD. I don't care what your quack of a doctor says!
e.j. 01:55 PM 08-28-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Seriously what doctor says not to keep a kid home from school/ daycare unless they have a fever and diarrhea 8 times in an 8hour period?
The doctor who doesn't have diarrhea leaking all over his living room rug!
DaveA 04:16 AM 08-29-2014
Oh come on- don't you know that's controllable. What's the problem? Jeez- some medical people drive me nuts. ( I love saying that to my RN wife )

Really many medical people don't get the non-medical repercussions of what they say. It's your program & you get to decide what is responsible for you to care for. Don't have any problems with telling a parent that regardless of what Dr says, you're not caring for a child with diarrhea till it has passed.
rosieteddy 04:21 AM 08-29-2014
This just happened to me last week.HFMD was going through my program.Parent calls to say their child was cleared by the Dr.She had a fever the day before and her mouth was covered with open sores. No I told her my program and I would not let child attend.She was not happy.
Laurel 06:03 AM 08-29-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Seriously what doctor says not to keep a kid home from school/ daycare unless they have a fever and diarrhea 8 times in an 8hour period? Sorry you have diarrhea you go home and stay home until free of it for 24hours.

He's had diarrhea for 3 day's but only 2 or 3 times a day sorry not coming back to daycare until he is diarrhea free PERIOD. I don't care what your quack of a doctor says!
Unless I saw it in writing on the doctor's letterhead I wouldn't even believe it in the first place. Then I still wouldn't accept the child.

Laurel
itlw8 07:38 AM 08-29-2014
sorry dcm I have to follow the state regulations and they say your child must be excluded. Besides what the doctor is saying is it won't hurt the sick child to attend But he did not say it won't be passed to all the other children and really just wants to be held by mom.
Buttercup 11:29 AM 08-29-2014
Doc would probably change his tune pretty quick if the kid had diarrhea all over his office... But yeah, YOU made your contract/policies. Do not take the child back until they are diarrhea free for 24 hours, or whatever your rule is. DCP could have easily made this one up-doctor might completely agree with you for all you know!
Reply Up