Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help with Wording
sahm1225 06:14 PM 10-14-2014
I have a new family enrolled & supposed to be starting soon. Dcm just emailed asking to extend the start date another month. I have a signed contract & deposit (I don't charge a holding fee). I was counting on them Starting the original date.

I want to send an email that says great that your maternity leave was extended & you will be able to stay home more.. I will only charge 50% tuition for the month instead of whole tuition.
AuntTami 07:53 PM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I have a new family enrolled & supposed to be starting soon. Dcm just emailed asking to extend the start date another month. I have a signed contract & deposit (I don't charge a holding fee). I was counting on them Starting the original date.

I want to send an email that says great that your maternity leave was extended & you will be able to stay home more.. I will only charge 50% tuition for the month instead of whole tuition.
"DCM,
I'm thrilled for you that you will be able to stay home on extended maternity leave. Those first few weeks with a new infant are vital to your and your child's well being.
As great as this extention is for you and your new baby, it puts me in a bit of a bind. Please remember that your contract DOES begin on "such and such a day" as originally agreed upon. This means that I will need to be paid during this extended leave, as I get paid on enrollment, not attendance, something you agreed to when you signed the contract. I was expecting your child to be attending starting on "such and such a date" and I have held that spot open in anticipation of this start date.
I understand how exciting it must be for you to spend this unexpected time with your baby and due to the fact that these are extenuating circumstances that no one could forsee, I will only be requiring a 50% of your monthly tuition, totaling $____________. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me back or call me at _____________.
Thank you and I look forward to working with your child at xyz daycare
DCP"
CraftyMom 07:03 AM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
"DCM,
I'm thrilled for you that you will be able to stay home on extended maternity leave. Those first few weeks with a new infant are vital to your and your child's well being.
As great as this extention is for you and your new baby, it puts me in a bit of a bind. Please remember that your contract DOES begin on "such and such a day" as originally agreed upon. This means that I will need to be paid during this extended leave, as I get paid on enrollment, not attendance, something you agreed to when you signed the contract. I was expecting your child to be attending starting on "such and such a date" and I have held that spot open in anticipation of this start date.
I understand how exciting it must be for you to spend this unexpected time with your baby and due to the fact that these are extenuating circumstances that no one could forsee, I will only be requiring a 50% of your monthly tuition, totaling $____________. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me back or call me at _____________.
Thank you and I look forward to working with your child at xyz daycare
DCP"

This sounds great!

If it were me, I would require full payment, especially last minute
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 10-15-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:

If you are wanting to give them an additional amount of time as well as the 50% rate reduction, say something like:

Dear DCF

It's wonderful to hear that your maternity leave has been extended! In light of this change, I will hold your space with a new entry date at 50% of the tuition rate originally quoted for the month.

Your new start date will be November xx, 2014 with tuition of $xx.xx due for that time.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you!

Provider

Thriftylady 02:54 PM 10-15-2014
Let us know what happens!
Tags:letter samples
Reply Up