Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Structuring Rates/Preschool Schedule
jenboo 09:03 PM 10-19-2018
I have almost a year to plan so of course I am starting now
I am trying to figure out how to structure my half day preschool. I would like to do what makes the most sense, will cause the least issues and will still maximize my earning potential.

Here is what I have come up with as options. We have a point system where the younger ages are more points per child than older children:

Option A: Mon- Wed class for 3-5 year olds. Tues/ Thurs class for 2 year old.
Income Range: $2505 low/ 2,720 high

Option B: Mon- Wed Potty trained. Tues/ Thurs diapers.
Income range: $2,505 low/ 3,470 high

Option C: Mixed ages and days (Flat rate bases on 2 or 4 day/ week schedule). Mon/Wed or Tues/ Thurs or Mon- Thurs
Income range: $1,728 low/ 3,456 high

Option D: Mixed ages and days. Rate based on age/point system. Mon/ Wed or Tues/ Thurs or Mon-Thurs
Income Range: 2,000 low/ 3,279 high

I was also thinking of offering Extended Mornings as an option. The preschool will run 9am-1230pm. I was thinking of offering drop offs as early as 730 am for an additional fee. I have no idea what to charge though. I would really just like to charge a flat monthly rate in addition to the regular monthly rate.

Any advice, opinions or suggestions???

Oh my niche is preschool that accepts 2's, diapers and possibly the extended mornings.

Anyone read all of that???
gumdrops 05:11 AM 10-22-2018
Personally I would split up by age and M/W and T/TH. If you are willing to provide early care, I think that would be a huge benefit for some families. Maybe even have pick up from 12-12:30 to give flexibility with lunch breaks.
jenboo 06:11 AM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Personally I would split up by age and M/W and T/TH. If you are willing to provide early care, I think that would be a huge benefit for some families. Maybe even have pick up from 12-12:30 to give flexibility with lunch breaks.
Thanks!!! Any idea what you would charge for the extended mornings? It would allow them to come between 730-855am. Preschool will start at 9am.

3-5yr old tuition will be $215 a month.
2yr old tuition will be $250 a month.
gumdrops 11:23 AM 10-22-2018
Not sure about rate, but make it worth your while. If you only have 1 or 2 families take your offer, will you eventually resent them for coming early? Maybe list it as "If there is enough interest, I am willing to open early."
DaveA 11:52 AM 10-22-2018
Personally I think Option A is the best one. As for early care- if there is a need for it ( and I think there would be) it sounds like a good addition to the program.
jenboo 07:10 PM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Not sure about rate, but make it worth your while. If you only have 1 or 2 families take your offer, will you eventually resent them for coming early? Maybe list it as "If there is enough interest, I am willing to open early."
This is the struggle. I know it would be a hit but I'm having a hard time balancing being money hungry and making sure it's still affordable
Pandaluver21 08:27 PM 10-22-2018
I would figure out what your "hourly" rate is and add that daily. So if it's roughly $5/day it would end up being $60 extra a month for your 3-5yr olds I believe.
jenboo 06:20 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I would figure out what your "hourly" rate is and add that daily. So if it's roughly $5/day it would end up being $60 extra a month for your 3-5yr olds I believe.
Smart! Thanks!
Tags:half day preschool, preschool, preschool - schedule, rates, schedule
Reply Up