Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Five More Days....
BGM 08:27 AM 12-16-2019
Five days.

Just five days till I close for 8 months of maternity leave. I only have two kids right now since I chose not to enroll any more till after baby, but this morning I spent an hour cleaning up a blow out for a two year old. He pooped on the way to daycare and mom says she didn't notice. It was coming out of his pants and got on the bottom of his coat, so now we can't go outside since he doesn't have a clean coat. I'm pretty sure it's diarrhea since as I was hosing him off in the shower he had to go again and it was just water and sandy-textured poop, you know, the diarrhea kind. Mom texted me that it was in the carseat too and she's sorry she left me with a big poop.

Anyway.

5 days.
Blackcat31 08:51 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by BGM:
Five days.

Just five days till I close for 8 months of maternity leave. I only have two kids right now since I chose not to enroll any more till after baby, but this morning I spent an hour cleaning up a blow out for a two year old. He pooped on the way to daycare and mom says she didn't notice. It was coming out of his pants and got on the bottom of his coat, so now we can't go outside since he doesn't have a clean coat. I'm pretty sure it's diarrhea since as I was hosing him off in the shower he had to go again and it was just water and sandy-textured poop, you know, the diarrhea kind. Mom texted me that it was in the carseat too and she's sorry she left me with a big poop.

Anyway.

5 days.
Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your little one.../

NO WAY would I have kept that child.
Nope. Nada. No way .....

That is a parent issue no matter if she noticed it or not.

A sincerely "sorry" parent doesn't text words of apology....they clean up their own kid AND keep them home.

I am sooooo sorry you dealt with that this morning!
Hoping your next few days go super fast!!
BGM 08:57 AM 12-16-2019
Yeah, she said he had a huge gross poop before she dropped him off, too. I must be in a gracious mood today. So far he hasn't pooped again. We had milk and cereal for AM snack. We'll see how the milk treats him.

I didn't notice how bad it was until she left and I was in the thick of it. Oh well...

And thank you! I'm so excited!!
Valerie928 01:36 PM 12-16-2019
Congratulations on your soon to be new little one! I would have sent that kiddo straight back to mom. I am done being Hazmat.
AmyKidsCo 12:34 PM 12-17-2019
Congrats on your upcoming little one, and for the time off!

Are your two families coming back afterward, or are you starting over?
BGM 01:53 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Congratulations on your soon to be new little one! I would have sent that kiddo straight back to mom. I am done being Hazmat.
Good for you. I'm at the point now where it just depends on my mood. haha Sometimes I let stuff slide, sometimes I don't. He did end up going home a bit early that day.

Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Congrats on your upcoming little one, and for the time off!

Are your two families coming back afterward, or are you starting over?
Thank you! They say they're planning on coming back. 8 months is a long time though...I've had both of these kids for a while, so I think it's very likely they'll return, but you never really know till you're there in this business!
Josiegirl 03:07 AM 12-19-2019
Congratulations on your almost-here-baby!! Do you know if it's a she or he? Hope everything goes well for you, what a wonderful gift to receive this time of year!! Well, anytime of year.
And ugh, what a present she gave you though. Did the little guy end up going home because he was sick?? Hope he wasn't contagious.
Cat Herder 04:05 AM 12-19-2019
Congratulations on your little one. Enjoy your time alone as a family.
DaveA 08:34 AM 12-19-2019
Enjoy the leave and new addition to your family!
Tags:blow outs, countdown, diarrhea policy, enforcing policies - consistency, illness policy, maternity leave, vacation
Reply Up