Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Help..Does Anyone Do Their Own Taxes?
frugalmama4 03:17 PM 02-04-2013
Hello,

Anyone do their own taxes...for the daycare?

What program do you use?

Have you ha any issuess?

Thx
Unregistered 04:29 PM 02-04-2013
I do my own. I have done them for years now. I have been in business for 18 years and for the last 10 years or so done them myself.
I have attended Tom Copelands seminars several times and try to see him every other year, I email him questions, and use his tax workbook which I order the current one every year! Takes me step by step.
According to Tom, there are so many things with FCC that differ from other self employed/ home office issues and many of the computer programs won't calculate to your advantage.
I use the old pencil and paper. Just always double check your math several times to be sure you don;t make silly errors.
SilverSabre25 04:42 PM 02-04-2013
MMK and TurboTax and I'm happy with it. I can't think of any issues we've had, except for a few brief struggles getting the T/S% to come through correctly, but we have managed for going on three years.
frugalmama4 04:49 PM 02-04-2013
Great thanks for the fed back.

I too have always done our personal taxes...just unsure about doing the business taxes.

SilverSabre25-which verse of turbo tax do you use?

I have used the free verse...but I know that won't cut it for the business taxes.

Thx
SilverSabre25 05:10 PM 02-04-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Great thanks for the fed back.

I too have always done our personal taxes...just unsure about doing the business taxes.

SilverSabre25-which verse of turbo tax do you use?

I have used the free verse...but I know that won't cut it for the business taxes.

Thx
The one that's for small business and personal or whatever it is. It's expensive, but 100% deductible for the following year so year.
Tags:taxes
Reply Up