Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kind Of Nervous... Raising My Prices After Only 1 Month Open
preschoolteacher 11:41 AM 11-04-2013
When I first opened, I offered parents a price break if they picked their kids up early. However, it's been a huge hassle to go through and figure out who gets credits for picking up early (since they pay in advance).

I also have one family who drops off earliest and picks up earliest. Their kid is here longer than any other kids, but since they get the price break for picking up early, they pay the least amount!!!?? Woops! Not great planning on my part. I saw it going differently in my head...

Anyhow, I now decided I'm going to do a flat rate regardless of pick-up and drop-off times. I'm also going to start charging for holidays starting in 2014. I am emailing the parents this afternoon. I'm a little nervous about raising rates so soon, but after my first month was over, I think I deserve more for what I'm doing. I have a huge waiting list (12 families) so I feel confident I could replace anyone who left, but I don't want to make anyone mad...
Tags:rate increase
Up